Help! I can't get my wife off

by xjw_b12 28 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hello everyone. I have been registered here since October 2001, when the UN story broke. I figured it is time to start my first official thread and introduce myself.

First I would like to thank Simon for providing this forum. I have enjoyed it immensely for the past year or so and found it both thought provoking, and humerous.

The problem I have, is trying to get my wife of 18 years to visit here. She never really seemed to be interested, presuming it was just JW bashing and arguing going on, even though I tried to convince her otherwise. I felt it would be good for her self esteem, to visit and share with others of like mind.

Looking back it was easier to get her to leave the org. with me, then it was to gether on this site.

That all changed last Friday Jan.10. I was at work [ I start at 6:30 am ] and discovered Princess' post re: "We were DA'd last night" .

I thought that is so great! Princess has a lot of moxy, and I thought my wife would relate to that. So I emailed my wife the link to the thread and.........JACKPOT !

She was so energized after reading Princess' post she spent the better part of her morning searching the site, emailing people, copying me, forwarding me their replies...etc. etc. Like a kid in a candy store !

So I would like to thank Princess, for that post. It was the one. The key that unlocked the door.

Anyways, the reason behind the thread subject....

Now that I have wife on this site, I can't get her off. I think we are going to have to setup a schedule between us and the kids, as to who gets computer time on what days and times. Oh well, at least Tuesday, and Thursday evenings will be open, also Saturday mornings, and I beleive all day Sunday as well !

That's it for now. We are putting together our story to post at a a later date. It's becoming a small novel. Actually quite therapeutic to put it all together, and then post it. A final closure I think.

Regards:

xjw-b12 & calamityjane

P.S. Is it my imagination or is there a noticeable rise in the number of New Publishers Posters in the last 2 months? Simon. Are there any stats that show this increase in This Time of the End?

Millions Now Living Will Never Know

• IronGland
    IronGland

Oh, that's what you meant. Never mind.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

interesting post. thanks for sharing.....

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

OMG, your subject line got me ... ummm ... thinking... impure and ummm... untheocratic thoughts...

Welcome! The internet can be addictive. Place like this sure as hell can be addictive!

My advice? Let her revel in this for as long as possible. If you ever see it becoming a problem where she's not doing anything else, then I suggest the following:

1. Warm oil massages

2. Bubble baths

3. Weekend away at a romantic spot

4. Candlelit dinners at a fabulous restaurant you've never tried before

5. Revisiting your honeymoon destination

6. Sending the kids to relatives for the night and.... did I mention candles and soft music??

Wait, did I say "If you ever see it becoming a problem where she's not doing anything else?" Umm, you don't have to wait THAT long to implement the above suggestions... as a matter of fact, I think I'd get started now... You know what they say about preventive medicine...

Congrats to you both!!

• gumby
    gumby

I would shit bricks if my wife would come here. ( I mean that in a good way )

Most all dubs are so indoctrinated that Apostates speak forth nothing but lies and are breeding grounds for Satan.......that they are too scared to investigate. I shook like a leaf the first time I went into a Christian bookstore .....years ago. Nice to have the BOTH of you.

Gumby

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Good! That means she will be a postive force on this forum, two thumbs up.

Guest 77

• LB
    LB

Now that I have wife on this site, I can't get her off

OK, well that's not as bad as I thought. I know that if my wife weren't getting off, I'd be getting out. Replacement husband would be ordered and in the mail already.

Yep Princess's thread was great. I cut and pasted the entire thing and showed it to my son. It seemed effective.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks Everyone for the Welcome.

Wife is in the next room, watching Friends. Me thinks she might be a bit miffed when she sees this post. Oh Well. I wanted a subject that would get attention.

PurpleV . Good Advice. We practice most of that, but haven't gone back to the Honeymoon site...yet.

Millions Now Living Will Never Know

• Princess
    Princess

I'm so happy to be helpful! Your wife is so sweet, I have enjoyed emailing with her since last Friday.

So I would like to thank Princess, for that post. It was the one. The key that unlocked the door.

Does this cancel out the bible study I had who became a witness? God I hope so.

Welcome to you both.

Rachel

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Hello & Welcome enjoyed your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look forward to hearing more from you 2

lots of nice folk here.enjoy your stay.

Searchin50

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit