Just had to share this!...

by Golden Girl 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thank you all!...You keep me going!.. Hospice is wonderful. I called them this morning and they called right back. Told me to just give hubby liquids for now and see if it stays down. I was looking through the booklets they give out...That will bring a tear or two!..Also some very good information on what to expect. It was so helpful. I see him doing so many of the things in different stages. It made me feel so much better. We both had a good nights sleep. He was even able to discuss where he wants the hospital bed. That is a big step for him.

And guess what......The pastor called me!..I told them what congregation he went to and she told me that she has visited several JW's..I was thinking..can this be?.(The pastor is a she).She is going to call them!..I would love to see their faces when they get THAT phone call!..They always preach how they are servants to their people....yeah right!.He got a phone call from them and a promise to see you as soon as we can. Lets see what happens after this phone call. If hubby's brother in law called and asked them to visit and no one visited ..then the pastor calls and asks them to visit..and they do...Who has the priority? They will just be doing it to look good to the world..not out of concern for him!..JMO

Snoozy.....

ps..The pastor also asked about me!.Did I need a visit?...Who did I have?..I almost started crying. I guess I am in spiritual limbo..thanks to the JW's. .They just about ruined all religion for me...Anyone else feel that way? It's funny..I can still pray but I don't know if I can believe there is a god....and I don't use any name! I say God!...

Edited by - Golden Girl on 17 January 2003 12:51:13

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Dear Golden Girl;

I am so sorry that you have been going through this. Hospice is a wonderful program!!!! Why not allow this woman pastor to come and talk to you. She could be very supportive and helpful. It is easy to be the caretaker, but who is taking care of YOU? YOU are important also!!! My thoughts are with you.

Leslie

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Thanks Leslie. Thats what she said!..I may take her up on it..but hubby would have a fit!. At first he thought she wanted to come and see him. He got panicky..until I explained. His mind blow things out of proportion now. I talked with him today about very personal things.. Since he cant think too clear sometimes..I had to ask him about his ashes..etc. I'm glad thats over!. He wants his and his Dad's spread out at the Kingdom hall where his Mom lives.She has been carrying his Dad's ashes around in the back of her car for about 3 years!..In a cardboard box!..Those people are strange..

So I lost him to that religion in his last days and now his Mom gets his ashes...Do you know how much that hurts? I have 4 empty cemetary plots but he doesn't want to be buried.

He has had me read the daily text to him since he can't concentrate to read anymore..I just want to grit my teeth while I am reading!

The Pastor called this morning and asked what Kingdom hall had hubby attended. I told her the Riverwood cong. She called them and left a mesage but as of late this afternon she called me to tell me nobody returned her call!...And the witnesses STILL haven't called or come by. I dont know where the phone rings when you call the listed number in the phone book. I would think it got forwarded to a elder or someone!..What if there was an emergency with someone having to go to the hospital and the blood issue came up...sorry ..nobody answers the phone!..How do they get in touch with the laison committee?

I used to say the witnesses didn't bother me..but with all that has been going on since he becam sick..between his JW family and the Elders. I am really building up a hate for them!..Maybe I do need to talk to a pastor!..

Snoozy.....

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Dear Snoozy;

I can't believe that no one has come to see your husband or returned the pastor's call. They say they show love and we all know that it is lip service. I have a Grandmother who has been a JW all her life who is in a nursing home. Guess who makes sure that she is taken care of and has visits. Yup, the apostate granddaughter. I am the one they all hate, and yet all the faithful JW's have forgotten all about her. It makes you want to heave.

Just don't forget you are important too. You love your hubby and this is incredible stressful time for you. What happens is you get so busy making sure he is taken care of you forget your own needs. Make sure you take to hospice for yourself. Take up the offer to talk to that pastor. If your husband asks you why, just tell him that is a part of the hospice program. JW's know nothing about what agencies offer he will believe you. I am thinking of you.

Leslie

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

GG...

You should take the pastors offer and talk with her. It's funny, but the few women pastors I've met, they've all been outstanding - I guess they have always had something to prove and just worked harder at it...at any rate I think you could get nothing less than something very positive with a meeting (or long phone call).

Let us know how it goes. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

D.E.

Edited by - Double Edge on 18 January 2003 20:21:47

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((((((((Snoozy))))))))))

"Spiritual limbo" is exactly what I consider myself to be in! And I don't know what to call the Person to whom I speak sporadically in prayer, either! But I do still pray, and I'm pretty sure there's a Creator somewhere (or was!)....

Not sure the JWs in your area are HUMAN, however. How painful for your hubby and, in turn, for you.

I think you should express your hurt to your husband about not getting to keep his ashes (or at least some of them?). Then again, maybe his idea is to use his death as a way to get his weird mother to let go of his dad's ashes?!!!!

By all means, talk to the hospice pastor. You definitely need a relief valve. And a pastor might be more interested in most about the whacky goings on in the JW belief system and the contrast between what they SAY they do and what they ACTUALLY do!

Meanwhile, venting here is always helpful!

More hugs,

out

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well..he's sleeping again.He does that a lot now.

I am afraid to talk to anyone for fear of losing it!..I feel like I want to wait until it's all over........The booklets they gave me really helped me. I can see the stages they go through..I was afraid I was doing something wrong. I am so glad to read that the things he does and says are part of the process. I think the pastor thinks I have a problem..the way I was going on about the witnesses on the phone to her! If she only knew! Maybe I should talk to her! I still can't believe she has visited other witnesses..

He talked to his Mom again today...she wanted her sisters phone number!..(A non-witness). She wasn't sure she had the right one.Can you imagine? I gave her the right number!. She wanted to talk to her..I guess she ran out of witnesses to talk to!..Her sister was complaining that she(my mother in law) hardly ever answered her letters.Now she wants to talk to her non JW sister. I wonder whats up?

Also..he told her again that the pastor called..and she goes off telling him "She knows you are a JW..why is she bothering you?".(The pastor only called once).Well he gets really confused now..so you can only talk basics to him. So I told him to tell her.."She is trying to get the witnesses to visit you!"..and he did. Then he tells her that our daughter has volunteered to get her and bring her here to visit for 2 or 3 days! and all of a sudden she says.."She (My daughter)will probably call me about it and then she suddenly had to hang up!... I don't think she liked my repeating the comment about the Pastor trying to get a witness to visit him!.Oh well! I enjoyed it.

And about his ashes..he wanted them sprinkled at the Kingdom hall he went to.But he didn't know many people there..I didn't feel comfortable with that.So with him being so devoted to his Mom and Dad..I thought it would be nice for him to think he would be with his Dad's ashes.Sprinkled at the KH his Mom goes to.He went there a few times also and knew more people there. I haven't mentioned it to his Mom yet..That one appeals to him and..I want him to be happy..He will always be in my heart!.

Our other daughter is coming over tomorrow. Hopefully I will get out and pick up a few things we need. I wonder if the witnesses will come tomorrow?...Maybe I will pay a visit to the assembly hall around the corner!.... And drag someone back!

Hugs to all of you!

And Leslie..Hubby and I were also the only one helping the Mother in law for the last few years.The wicked apostate daughter in law! The witnesses were too busy and we were free!! I know a witness lady there that was put in a nursing home because no one was available to help her!..She would cry because they let her lay in her own waste in the nursing home. Where were the witnesses to help her? They just recently had her memorial

Golden Girl...aka..Snoozy

Edited by - Golden Girl on 19 January 2003 0:54:3

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

(((Golden Girl))) My heart goes out to you. Please accept the Pastor's visit if you think it will help you. You have tons of friends here. Feel free to email or call me any hour of the day or night if you need someone to talk to. Our love goes out to you and your hubby..........

Edited by - reubenfine on 19 January 2003 0:56:51

• Scully
    Scully

Snoozy..... I'm so sorry you're going through all of this right now. I'm sure deep down inside your hubby is terribly disappointed in how he's being neglected by the "worldwide brotherhood". It's disgraceful that they need to be TOLD to visit someone from their own congregation whom they KNOW is dying. But then again, when that's an activity that you can't count on your service report, it's really not surprising at all. Pathetic, yes... but completely unsurprising.

I mentioned the situation I had here at work about a week ago... with a JW patient with a critically low hemoglobin level who needed surgery but would have likely died without blood.

It's interesting how the JWs waited to help her until after this band of rogue apostates stepped in to help her, got on Bethel's case, and found out who the HLC members were in the area. If it had been left up to the people in her congregation, this lady would not be ALIVE, at home, recovering from her surgery.

"By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." - John 13:34

Love, Scully

• Solace
    Solace

Golden Girl,

Hi hun, just wondering how you are holding out.

I was with my great aunt when she passed away. She had no children, never married and my grandparents had passed away. Me and my sister were the only ones who lived in the area and who were able to help her.

She was a very sweet woman, treated us like her own. When she began having strokes and falling, she knew it was time she was placed in a nursing home. I had her name put on waiting lists for the nicest ones in our area and she was lucky enough to get into a wonderful one near her home. Her only request was to have a nice view out of her window. Poor thing, she never wanted much. She grew up on my great grandparents farm and never moved out. I think the thought of staring at a parking lot during her last days was depressing for her.

She lived peacefully for months. The nursing home had pets, birds, tropical fish aquariums and a friendly cat who visited her often and brought tears to her eyes. We visited, brought her gifts, flowers and anything she needed to help her live comfortably.

One night the nurse called me at home and told me that she was very restless and that the nurses were sitting with her but she had asked if I could come. I arrived and she wasnt well. She had been filling up with fluids and her lungs were too weak to be suctioned. I helped her cough up what she could, but it only allowed for a few deeps breaths.

We spent the entire night hugging, praying, crying and talking about old times. When we ran out of words, I turned on some classical music to get her mind off what was happening to her.

She went from being scared, to actually wanting to die. Many times she pulled her oxygen mask off and asked God to take her. She would become Confused at times and asked me how many cows I owned and told me not to forget to do my chores. So sweet, I just agreed with her and smiled. She began talking to a woman whos name I didnt recognize. I found out later that she had been speaking with a distant relative who had passed away many years ago.

I could tell that she really just didnt want to be alone. It was a very hard night, seemed like an eternity. I knew she was going to die but I believe she was waiting for her sister to arrive. She was being driven up from 600 miles away. I felt awful but I prayed for each breath to be her last because she was struggling so much.

The paster came in to visit since she had requested this a week prior. He began talking and praying with us. After praying, he told her that Jesus is comming for her and not to be afraid, that he has a place prepared for her and she can go with him. She was barly breathing but was still touching his hand. As soon as he finished his prayer, she stopped breathing.

I sat there in shock, its almost like she needed to be told that it was ok. Her suffering was scarey to the both of us, but her death was the most peaceful thing I had witnessed in my entire life.

People will argue with me, but I honestly believe that she is ok now. Everyone in my family was so upset for me, some thought I would need therapy after witnessing her death. I couldnt understand why, I am so happy I was able to be there for her and I dont feel traumatized by it at all.

I miss her, but I wasnt nearly as upset as everyone else was at the funeral. My JW uncle was talking about how "death is the enemy", and "how evil it is". I disagreed with him. He looked at me like I was crazy, but I expained to him that I believe that it was her reward, living was her enemy because she was suffering so much.

I then told my entire J.W. family that I saw her listen to the priest when he told her to go with Jesus and they looked at me like I was a freak.

I know it could have just been a huge coincidence, but what I saw was very real to me. I have an entirely different view of death now, than when I was a witness.

I believe that there is a better place, wherever that is, and it is much more peaceful there, then on this earth, where we have to struggle so much.

You have lots of prayers comming your way.

I feel for you and your husband,

Take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit