Just had to share this!...

by Golden Girl 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

As many here know..My hubby has terminal cancer. Well Hospice came today and we discussed many things. One of them was a 'Pastor of your choice". Well I almost laughed outloud. I could see my JW hubby cringing! I told her he was JW and had his "people". And then I added that we have contacted them several times but still no one has come to see him.They are just so busy but WILL try to get out to see him..they say.

(Hubby didn't like me telling her that!)

Then she said that she would have their Pastor call the Kingdom Hall to have someone come visit him!..Can you imagine? I almost freaked out..This JW religion that professes to have so much love and concern for their people..and we have to have another religion contact them to make them visit?..Is that like the funniest thing you ever heard? Or most pathetic..take your pick.

So then hubby talks to his JW mom. He only tells her that this lady said she could send a pastor out..that's all he could take in. They were rediculing her for that..after all they were JW's!. They take care of their own! So I spoke up nice and loud..."Tell her that the hospice lady said their Pastor would call the Kingdom Hall and have someone come out!.."..Then I went in the other room and chuckeled!..He He!.

I know that is such an insult to her religion!..She would have loved to comeback with something..but I wasn't on the phone!

Hubby has called the brothers and asked to have someone visit. Then when his JW Mom and sister and brother in law were here..they called. Well someone (brother)finally called and said they would try to get over here soon.We live 5 minutes at most from the assembly hall and the are always working on it! So it wouldn't kill them to stop by for a minute or two to encourage him..would it?

Well they told his sister that they stopped here a while back and we told them he couldn't see anyone. That never happened!...But even if it did..does that mean write him off? And they called one time and one elderly "brother" stopped by one time since then...so?...They knew they could see him then...What a bunch of liars!

Maybe they are afraid of me.....

I am a evil apostate!..Or maybe they are just so proud that they don't like being called on something they are neglecting to do. Their job!..I love their neglect..but hubby needs it...We talked to another "Brother" again Monday (3rd time)and this is Thursday..lets see how long it takes them to "Stop By"...

Snoozy.....

ps..I think I'm going to love hospice help!...

They have a number you can call to get emotional support!.

Edited by - Golden Girl on 16 January 2003 13:36:22

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

this really is both funny and sad. I feel for your husband, I really do, but I am laughing with you!

How utterly pathetic! How sad! How hillarious that the hospice people are needed to get the jws to visit one of their own who needs their love and support.

I really hate the cult.

~Witch

• mouthy
    mouthy

God Bless the lady that will phone the Kingdom Hell....Love is what she has I think- But I am concerned about you- I have looked after hubby-daughter- son as they were dying- Do you have a Pastor or back up to give YOU strength to manage..praying or you weather you want me to or not .You are surely a GOLDEN GIRL (((((hugs))))

• starfish422
    starfish422

Golden girl, (((HUGS))) I am very sorry for your husband's illness. It is great that you are still able to find some humour in a difficult situation.

Take care.

• Solace
    Solace

Golden girl,

You are so sweet, I just love your spirit!

My e-mail is always open and if you ever need to talk, just let me know.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Well..it's 11:00 PM here. Hubby has had a lousy day. He ate as soon as the nurse left and got sick. I don't know if it is because she was poking on him...nervousness or his illness.Then he ate dinner and got sick again!

I guess I should get some sleep while I can..but he just looked like it finally hit him!..I feel so sorry for him.He looks so scared. I am waiting until tomorrow to call the nurse. He is sleeping pretty good now.

I don't now if I'm ready for this!

Treasure your loved ones!

Snoozy.....

• Brummie
    Brummie

Really sorry for the situation you and your hubby are in GG. He sounds like a great guy and has such a great wife around him.

Well they told his sister that they stopped here a while back and we told them he couldn't see anyone. That never happened!...But even if it did..does that mean write him off?

Thats such an hypocriticle reason to give not to see him. I remember on the field service that if doing a return visit and someone else opened the door and told us the person we went to see wasnt interested, then we should ignore the person and ask to speak to the individual to see if this was really so...even if it was a family memeber we were to overlook them and go straight to the person we were returning on....how about that, they are so interested in getting a convert yet have no time to look after their long standing members.

Hope the pastor calls them, what a hoot that will be!

Take care, thinking of you both

Brummie

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((((GoldenGirl))))))))))

This touched me so much, all you are going through I wish I could give you and your hubby more than just a cyber-hug, my heart really goes out to you both.

Katie

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Snoozy.....OMG, it's too funny in a pathetic sort of way. Another irony of life, eh.

Well you know I'm no lover of JWism. All I can do is sit here and shake my head at the continual display of hyprocisy those people are famous for. While you may not be surprised over such unloving inattention to one of their own...what a cruel attitude to take towards a 'believer.' But then again, everyone apparently made their decision on what to believe - or in your case; what not to believe.

My thoughts are with you often, Missy.

granny

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Golden Girl:

So sorry you have to go through this all. I hope that, for your husbands sake, someone from the hall who is compassionate and caring comes to visit your husband.

My father also threw up alot when he was in the last stage of his cancer. It is to be expected. Talk to the hospice people about this. My father used to eat ice chips and a small amount of ice cream(which he loved) to help with getting sick, and the sore throat that results.

They have a number you can call to get emotional support!.

I could call any time of the day or night. And, I did. The phones are manned by very empathic and kind people who, if they cannot answer your question, will call you back. The hospice people are some of the best people in the world. This was my experience.

Take care.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit