Advice

by Tigerlove 16 Replies latest social relationships

• steve2
    steve2

Sorry, lovely lady, but you are dating a Mommy's boy.

You're on a hiding to no where.

You will never ever be able to compete with a JW Mom.

He will forever be embarrassed about you.

You will try to twist yourself out of shape to get his approval - and even his Mom's approval. But it will end in tears - yours. You will become mad with rage and become ever more resentful as the long, painful years roll on by.

Even when his Mom is dead and buried cold and stiff beneath God's green earth, your Mommy's boy will sink deeper into a morose fixation on his JW mother.

This is your bed for life if you stick with him.

A life with a house full of worms would be less distressing for you.

Run, good woman, run.

• kaik
    kaik

As other had said; run, run, and do not look back. Anyone who is involved with WT and has entire family in it will destroy your life and you will be just wasting it away. The only solution for you and him would be to leave the cult and move on together. Problems dating JW guys are numerous. There will be always the cult on the first place, not the family. Your family would be submission to provide surrounding to the man while he is busy with KH, field service, and bible studies. Not much fun for anything. Nothing to save for rainy days, to plan to grow old together, besides living poverty and destitute. Walk away.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Hi Tigerlove.

JW's seem to be extremely attractive prospects for partners.

Great effort is made to portray an "All American," moral, family-oriented, loyal, lifestyle.

If you spend any amount of time researching "The Truth About 'The Truth,' " , or TTATT, you will find that this religion creates the exact opposite. That is, everyone in this religion must be expected to viciously, and mercilessly, turn on any other member, including immediate family, children, parent, and spouse.

Your BF has challenges with this religion, However, he has not awoken to TTATT. As such, he is "damaged goods."

Truth and logic are not relevant.

My ongoing post:

All Dubs have been infected with a potent virus that controls their thinking.

https://freedomofmind.com//Info/BITE/bitemodel.php

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/helping-someone-leave.php

Will he ever wake up?

You are taking an extreme gamble in him right now.

Your love is not enough to conquer this virus.

He needs to wake up to this virus and WANT to fight it on his own FIRST.

GL.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I wish I could offer something better, but I cannot.

You are going to be, at best, a booty call. At the worst, he will seem to appease your desires to get closer and let his family know about it, but will always back down and delay doing anything.

RUN!

I know you don't want that answer, so here's the softer one: Give him the ultimatum to take you to his family and declare his intentions, or else you are outta there. That way, you gave him a chance.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Just find yourself a nice MAN to date. Beliefs aside, if he were really a man he would proudly defend the woman he loves.

Jus sayin'

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi TIGERLOVE - firstly, WELCOME.

Secondly - you have no chance of keeping this boy unless you get baptized as a J.W., therefore, take everyone's advice, and run!!

If you don't get out now, you will only increase the pain in your heart. This boy cannot even tell other J.W.'s that he's dating you, because his elders will discipline him for being with a non-J.W.

I promise you that you will find someone far more loving outside of his religion!

Best wishes for your future.

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

Hello Tigerlove and welcome. I dated and married a jw. Looking back I believe dating me was more his way of rebelling. He wasn't in love with me. He wasn't baptized so they couldn't really tell him what to do, however, no one in his family was happy about him dating a non-jw girl and he knew it. At the time he enjoyed being the bad boy. We lived many years as I would consider normal with holidays, etc.... Fast forward to now he is more involved with the religion and his opinions have changed. I'm the same as I always been, but now in his eyes I am a sinner who is allowing satan to mislead me. Please believe me, it is a very difficult position to be in. There are many un believing mates on this forum with similar difficult experiences.

Please think very carefully before making any kind of commitment to your boyfriend. He may be enjoying being a bit defiant right now in dating you, but if he changes and starts to follow the jw's you could become the enemy. It is not a good sign that he is afraid to introduce you to his mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit