WTS Cheapshot .....Jan 1st 2003 WT

by ISP 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ISP
    ISP
    Most Christians have to face grave problems during these last days. Still, they try not to be distracted. In spite of well-publicized economic problems, Argentina reported a new peak of 126,709 Witnesses last year. There is still widespread poverty in Mozambique. Nevertheless, 37,563 reported sharing in the witness work, an increase of 4 percent. Life is difficult for many in Albania, yet that country reported a fine increase of 12 percent, reaching a peak of 2,708 publishers. Clearly Jehovah's spirit is not hindered by difficult conditions when his servants put kingdom interests first. - Matthew 6:33

Page 16, paragraph 18.

The inference is Jehovah's spirit IS being hindered in most other lands where there is little or no growth. Reason? Because the brothers are 'distracted' or not putting 'kingdom interests first'.

Any thoughts?

ISP

• Satanus
    Satanus

oops

Edited by - saintsatan on 15 January 2003 20:35:31

• ISP
    ISP

So if you believe that stuff.........the CO's and DO's for the UK and most western countries should be booted!

ISP

• rocketman
    rocketman

My feeling is that comments like that contribute to elicting guilt feelings in the readers. 'You're living a cushy life, and you're activity is dropping, and yet behold these poor bros and sis's, they have things hard and yet do more than you'.

I recall one brother saying privately that he just wished that for once they'd highlight what joe average jw was able to accomplish, instead of always making us feel bad with such super-spirtual-in-the-face-of-all-odds examples.

• auntiem
    auntiem

Naughty naughty children! Finish the food on your plate and be damned thankful....there are children starving in third world countries.

Same

Old

Shit..... different day!!!

• meadow77
    meadow77

I am a christian and not against people learning about God, but I have to point out that poor communities tend to be ripe for conversion for several different reasons. A.possible limited access to education and information. B. A need to have hope in something other than this life. Think about it, if you are surroiunded by poverty than you are definitly open to hearing the good news of an afterlife. All religions have success in climates like these. What I find curious is that they use it as a tool to beat up their own members, and that they still continue to behave as though they are the only missionaries in the world. Truly pompous and disturbing.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ah, yes, the subtle innuendo, sly little hint, cunning intimation, perfidious insinuation.

It just oozes through, doesn't it?

Craig

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I feel the entire Watchtower religion is a cheap shot, or a collection of cheap shots.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

ok has it occurred to anyone that maybe they give these stats for places that CANT be proven on purpose? that maybe, just maybe, these are just more lies? if they said this about the US or UK it would be too easy to laugh in their face! is there any reason to believe these numbers?

Ravyn

• TR
    TR

There's no rest for the ignorant.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit