WTS Cheapshot .....Jan 1st 2003 WT

by ISP 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• artful
    artful

I read through this article today and thought :
    "Wow, it seems that we mere humans now have the power to "hinder" God's spirt from accomplishing what it wants...I guess according to the WTS the Holy Spirit really isn't that powerful afterall."

It makes you wonder if the WTS editors actually read these articles before they are printed?!!

Artful

• Voyager
    Voyager

There are those that continue to believe everything they are told, and everything they read from the Tower. They have to, because without it they have no where else to go. They have hope in nothing else, until they too are faced with the realities, that Almighty God does not care about increases, he cares about our love and faith in him. He cares about our obedience and love for our neighbor. He could make the stones cry out the message if he wanted too, and who can count all the stones? If the Almighty can do this, would he ask for an increase of stones? When an organization shows and preaches glory of increases, instead of what God really wants from us, then they are blind. Let them be. Blind guides is what they are. If then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit. Matthew 15:14

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This is just more of the same from the ivory tower boys; hey you down there!! Stop trying to figure out your life, and make more sales of books!! Stop listening to the apostates (learned ones) and pioneer!!

I like this version voyager:

When the blind lead the blind, you get a dynasty of assholes.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I would suggest that the Org experiences increase in those countries because times are tough and people there want an easy utopia. I notice too, that some of the countries have increases of 10 percent etc. Well if youve got 10 people in the place and they recruit another 1, thats a 10 percent increase. lol.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

You're not wrong RF - one year they had the spectacular growth of 53% in The Gambia. Mind you, the base figure was about 27 people at the start of the period!!! LOL

Still, IIRC it was offset by the fact that everyone had to evacuate Montserrat due to the volcano becoming active again - not bad to see a 100% decrease! May it happen more often.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Steph

I suppose Jehovah in His mercy has seen the way to open up the former Soviet Union to Christianity so that many hundreds of thosands can recieve the truth there. A further delay in the arrival of the Big A is thus in order.

Maybe George W is a kind of Cyrus with a great mission to carry out, who knows, if the yanks kick the Muslims butts enough that 1/3 of the world might open up and become ready to recieve the truth too. Lol

• ISP
    ISP

Yep......and after that....you have China and India......and then maybe the end should be about ready....

ISP

Edited by - ISP on 29 January 2003 19:24:35

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Stephanus...Volcano...That was funny!........good one!

Snoozy....Who is still laughing!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not only a "cheap shot", but also bad theology. The Bible nowhere teaches that the HS is in contest with mankind. Jesus said clearly that he was given "all authority and power".

This is different from the grieving and resisting of the Spirit which the WTS interprets as part of this struggle between good and evil.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit