A Judicial experience.

by John Aquila 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    millie210

That story breaks my heart John.

You know when you get my age and were an elder for years, you start reminiscing about your life in the Borg and if your not careful you can lose it. I'm not sure how I keep my sanity when I start thinking of the experiences I shared. Sometime I dream about all the people that committed suicide, died for not accepting blood, got divorced because one mate thought the other was apostate. At night sometimes I see their faces and wonder if I will ever see them again. Sometimes because of my age, I wonder if it would have been better if I died believing in a fantasy.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

So sad! When untrained men take it upon themselves to interrogate young girls about sexual things they are crossing the line! It's abusive and dangerous!

It would be hard to believe if I hadn't sat with my 10 year old while the elders interrogated her for over 2 hours:( Yes, sadly I didn't stop it, I was a weak humble sheep having no idea what we in for.

I truly can't understand parents staying in the religion after seeing how dangerous it is first hand.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

rebelfighter

your mom raised a very sensitive and caring young man. You woke up in order to help other people see these wrongs caused by the JWS.

Thanks RF, I really needed that today. My mom told me today that a couple of sisters she hangs out with told her the other day that Jehovah’s spirit has left me and I’m as good as dead.

Of course my mom didn’t buy it and she is starting to see the hypocrisy, but the words did hurt. My life is not bad but I struggle a lot wondering what my lasts days have come to? 40 some years preaching and teaching a falsehood. I would have loved being a plastic surgeon and helping children who are born with deformed faces. Then on my last day I would feel that I accomplish something good in this life. Instead all I can say is “I was a Jehovah Witness for 40 of my best years.”

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

truthseekeriam

I truly can't understand parents staying in the religion after seeing how dangerous it is first hand.

The mom of the girl still believes the WT has the truth, and she is waiting for the paradise earth to see her daughter. She is about 79 years old and I will not wake her up and ruin that dream of hers.

Plus that was some 30 years ago and I thought we were doing what God wanted us to do. That cult is truly deceptive and strong in it's grip.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    John Aquila - My mom told me today that a couple of sisters she hangs out with told her the other day that Jehovah’s spirit has left me and I’m as good as dead.

WTF is wrong with those people? Seriously, how can they tell a mom something like that? Somehow the Borg manages to not only remove the mind of the people, but their hearts too. That turned my stomach. So did the story you told. Come to think of it, there isn't much about them that doesn't, but I'm still somehow surprised at the cruelty of the people that follow the religion.

And I know it is tough, but you're much more as a human being than a person that spent so much time as JW. Sure, you never got to help out children like you mentioned, but you're helping people here through a problem that affects people that don't often have an advocate. Your posts have helped me. I'm sure that even as JW you helped others just because you're a sensitive and thoughtful guy to be more human and less artificial like the majority of the Borg. Who you are underneath the ego, underneath the JW indoctrination over those years, would have shined through and impacted others. It seems from your stories that you've come in contact with a lot of people. I'm sure you made an impact, even if it wasn't in one specific way that you would have felt was a better use of your time. We can all question what we've done with our years. Everyone does at the end, even the guy helping kids with deformed faces. He probably has something out there that he never got to try.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

John AquilaThen on my last day I would feel that I accomplish something good in this life. Instead all I can say is “I was a Jehovah Witness for 40 of my best years.”

It's a sad legacy indeed but at least you're aware of it now. To borrow a colloquialism from Christendom that's your cross to bear. Many of the ignorant or lucky ones depending on ones perspective never see the harm caused by this cult.

As long as there is breath in your body there is still time to change and do good. Stay positive.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    This story should repel any person with any brains from getting involved in this cult. Stay away, they will steal your life with their petty rules! You go grandma, keep in touch with those babies and your good son.
  • Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    Heartbreaking....
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I had tears well up in my eyes reading that story john ,

So tragic

if their is any justice in this world , the J.W.`s will go out with a whimper.

smiddy

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is truly a tragedy for everyone involved. How can anyone think this organization has God's blessing when they are so lacking in love, the thing that Jesus said would be the mark of his true followers?

Of course we were all conditioned to think this callous indifference was needed discipline, and the rank and file were kept ignorant of how cruel they could be. The organization was good at making you think black was white.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit