News Flash!!!

by TheApostleAK 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Just heard from an Elder friend from a neighbouring congregation that a nearby congregation has had the whole body of elders removed for wrongdoing. Report is confirmed from a independant source.

• trevor
    trevor

Howabout some names, details, places???
    This is all too vague to get my pecker up!

• Francois
    Francois

And this is a surprise?

Entire bodies of elders have been removed before, and will be again. No too many years ago, an entire body of elders was removed in a congregation on the west side of Atlanta. Seems they went on group vacations and play mix 'n' match with their wives. Then in the Douglassville, GA congregation, an elder was removed for his incestuous relationship with both his pre-teen daughters AT THE SAME TIME. Oh, it goes on and on and on. You just don't hear much about it. Not the kind of thing you'd expect to read in the Awake!.

In fact, JWs have the highest rates of dysfunctional behavior of all fundamentalist cults: alcoholism, spousal abuse, pedophilia, child abuse, drug abuse, depression, suicide, and crimes major and minor run rampant in the Jay-Dubs. Remember that day trader guy who shot up an office in Atlanta last year? Jay-Dub. In fact, many of the strange "postal" type crimes that make the news are Jay-Dubs.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

It's a congregation in South Australia. One source said dodgy business dealings. Other one said that it was something to do with the congregation like covering up wrongdoing up or something. I'll keep you guys posted if I find out more.

• RR
    RR

That's nothing new, years ago in New York City, there was a congregation that was disfellowshipped, ALL elders removed, every man, women and child DF'd. The Kingdom Hall was razed, and never rebuilt, in fact, because of what happened, witnesses have no respect in that area.

oh .... I guess you want to know what happened, eh? Well seems, the pioneers were doing more than just selling .... er... Watchtowers, and the elders? well let's just say they were more than just elders!

There's a reason pioneers stand on corners you know!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Francoise,

Please don't count yourself out as being dysfunctional.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

RR: That story true?

• DAVID
    DAVID

Dear Francoise,

In your recent posting you state that J.W's have a higher than normal incidence of dysfunctional problems - this does not suprise me as it fits the anecdotal evidence but do you know of any reliable sources to support your asertion

Kind Regards

David

• Francois
    Francois

As a matter of fact, David, that information came from an extensive research program in the area of cult behavior performed at McGill University in Montreal, I believe it is or maybe it's Toronto. Penton reported it, and I'll see if I can come up with a site for you if you're interested.

I'm actually conflicted about this bulletin board. I seem to remember Jesus saying not to resist evil, and I believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are evil incarnate - not just misguided (on the organizational level).

Best Regards,

Francoise

• waiting
    waiting

heyllo Francoise,

JWs have the highest rates of dysfunctional behavior of all fundamentalist cults: alcoholism, spousal abuse, pedophilia, child abuse, drug abuse, depression, suicide, and crimes major and minor run rampant in the Jay-Dubs.

I just read the above response from you. It would be of interest to know the source of your information. If it's in Penton's book, which I have, I've not run across it yet.

It it's a study done by Jerry Bergman, which Penton mentions, then some, jw's and x-jw's, will find suspect as Bergman doesn't seem to be balanced in his studies.

Thanking you in advance for providing documentation for all the dysfunctions stated.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit