Whoa ! maybe it's not as good here in Oz as I thought!

by wozza 22 Replies latest jw friends

• wozza
    wozza

Found this on my facebook page that someone had posted , just a joke I hope

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Well where exactly do you enter Australia ? Certainly not from any Mainland - and this photo looks decidedly outback - not exactly Sydney Airport - I think its a tongue in cheek sign !
  • prologos
    prologos

Europe should learn a lesson from Australia on the subject of migrants: put these signs up on the beaches on buoys in the sea, intercept illegals off shore and pack-m off to save locations, the empty lagers in Poland, the gulag in Siberia. save havens from their real and imaginary home-made disasters.

Even the USA interned Jewish undocumented refugees to keep them save from the holocaust.

• wozza
    wozza
    Yep it's somebodies idea of a joke
  • prologos
    prologos
    Yeah, there was a sign near a road, boat ramp dipping into the Pacific on Vancouver Island ,Canada:-- "Caution, Kangaroos ahead".
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Europe should learn a lesson from Australia on the subject of migrants

I'm European and I despise Australia's hard hearted, near xenophobic attitude towards migrants.

• prologos
    prologos

Nicolaou near xenophobic attitude towards migrants.

Perhaps Australia did not forget the hard lessons that it's first nation learned from not vigorously repelling foreigners from it's shores.

• barry
    barry

The people that are stopped at sea are not migrants they are people attempting to enter Australia illegally and many thousands of these people have drowned at sea. Since they have been stopped none have drowned.

Australia does accept genuine refugees from all over the world. We are very proud of our assistance to people in need.

That sign is not fair dinkum

• brandnew
    brandnew

Edge of the sign is nice and weathered, white line is nice n dirty...

Then allusudden......letters in the middle are all puuuurdeeee n bright white!!!! Yeah....mmmmmm k☺

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

We have a little harbour-village just outside Cape Town called Hout Bay and they have some crazy signs up even saying "Welcome to the Republic of Hout Bay" and you can even get a "passport" from the local Tourist Info centre - all tongue in cheek - in fact more non-HoutBayers own the passports - its a little money-spinner - I am sure the Oz folk are not this conceited and I also posit that the sign was put up by locals - its not an official govt sign. Chill out guys !

In fact if you care to google Orania - this is a little town in South Africa that is still in the Apartheid dark ages - everyone in the town is ..................................Caucasian - and you feel the white supremacy ideology very strongly. They still fly the old Aparheid flag in the town.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit