Adults and children with ADD /ADHD

by LyinEyes 25 Replies latest social physical

• Aztec
  • Aztec
    Aztec

Damnit

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My son was diagnosed with borderline ADHD. I fought medication until he was 12 or so, but it just became too unmanageable. He really did well on the medication, but quit taking it at 14 because he didn't like the way it made him feel. Since he could walk, he's been hell on wheels. Not a bad kid at all, just BUSY BUSY BUSY and LOUD! ack! I was always in the office for this that or the other. He finally went to go live with his Father last year because I couldn't deal with his teenagerhood.. hehehhe. His Dad keeps a pretty good rein on him, and Mom (I have ADD I think) misses him much, but is somewhat relieved!

I tried the diet stuff, but slacked off all the time, or the school, or his Dad would slack off.

CG

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

I think I can help with this topic. My expertise is in the area of heavy metal toxicity. Recent studies have found that children with "abbreviation disorders": ADHD, ADD, rage and autism have been exposed to heavy metals, such as arsenic, mercury, lead, cadmium, etc.

Now, you might ask yourself: "How is this possible? How did my child get exposed to heavy metals in sufficient dosages to trigger such neurological and behavioral problems?"

It's easy. Many vaccines are preserved with methyl mercury, and dental amalgams have mercury, too. Arsenic is readily available in CCA pressure-treated wood found on most playgrounds, and can be easily absorbed by playing on the wood fort at the school playyard (there was one at my daughter's school, until they tore it down last year). Don't forget your deck- it's probably made of CCA treated wood, too.

Finally, don't take my word for it. Please. Instead, do your own research, starting on Google.com. Search first using the phrases ADHD arsenic "heavy metals". This should get you over 275 'hits'. Expand your searches as you go.

The solution: well, there are several and some have been mentioned already. Nutrition and vitamin supplementation is critical of course. But first, get a hair analysis done, as many parents are now having their children with behavioral problems hair tested for heavy metals and finding high levels of arsenic, mercury or cadmium. A detailed hair analysis at Doctor's Data, just one of the many labs that offers this service, is only around $42.

If the hair analysis shows abnormal metal levels, then chelation is the answer. Of course, there are several forms of chelation therapy available, and space does not permit a discussion on this multi-faceted topic. Fortunately, there is now a low-dose form of EDTA chelation available that will extract heavy metals from the body. It is called DETOXAMIN, and it comes in adult doses and children's sized doses (1/2 sized doses).

Check out my ad this week on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2906351725&category=19262. I apologize for the shameless plug here, but if this is a product you need, then you know who you are- send me a message via Ebay. This product works and it can help you or your children, if you have been exposed to heavy metal toxins.

But, even if you don't buy this product, do the research. This is a lot of current research into children's behavioral disorders and arsenic/mercury/metal levels.

And keep in mind that the body, given half a chance, can heal itself. The journey to better health begins with a single step...

Edited by - joe_from_kokomo on 20 January 2003 0:20:13

Edited by - joe_from_kokomo on 20 January 2003 0:20:58

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Joe - I also have done much research on the mercury situation with vacinations- I'm suprised to have found another here that also knows about this!!!

With our DAN doctor - he does emphasis that the "gut" should be healed first, before the introduction of the chalation therapy for removal of the heavy metals. Have you done this? Also, we had wanted to do the hair analysis, but our doctor said this isn't a very good testing for the heavy metals - he recommends a 24-hour urine analysis as the most effective way of getting accurate results.

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

The best book I have found for adults and children withh ADD is: You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid, orCrazy? All should check it out

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit