Hebrew Was The First Language

by Bloody Hotdogs! 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

According to the newest Watchtower:

Jehovah communicated with Adam in the garden of Eden, using human language. God likely did so in an ancient form of Hebrew.

Why are they so stupid?? The bible doesn't even make this claim!

As far as I can figure, the oldest fragment of proto-Hebrew dates form 1000BC. There are many forms of non-Hebrew mark-making and language that date much farther back than that!

• Mephis
    Mephis

Well they all had Hebrew names so case proven, m'lud.

I just don't.. no.. 6,000 years ago this happened you say?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    Adam did not exist.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They've been making this absurd claim for a while. Last years convention had a 10 minute part on a symposium about how people would speak Hebrew in the new system because it was the first language. The "logic" goes that the predecessor of the Hebrews wasn't involved in building the tower of babel and so did not have their language confused. Therefore they continued speaking the original language. Let's not go getting things confused by bringing facts any archeology into it, now.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    And the evidence for this is. . . . .. .. . .?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I love when they print stuff like this because it shows how clueless they are to reality.
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    They've been making this absurd claim for a while

Yup! I have a vague memory of a WT study article, maybe in the late 1950's or early 1960s in which the author (likely that glorious scholar, F Franz) made the same point.

then (as likely now) it'll get all the bros speculating on having to learning Hebrew in the paradise, (if not Akkadian which some see as the oldest, known semitic language) and take their minds off Yahweh's delay in introducing the paradise.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

No offense to my modern Hebrew speakers... but for me it is not the prettiest language. Arabic either.

I think we should all speak Italian when we get to the paradise petting zoo

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's all bunk of course but arguing just from scripture there's no reason why Adam couldn't have been a black man speaking one of the ancient African languages.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    freemindfade4 minutes agoNo offense to my modern Hebrew speakers... but for me it is not the prettiest language. Arabic either.
    I think we should all speak Italian when we get to the paradise petting zoo

I want the universal language to be San Bushman so I can laugh at people trying to get the clicks right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit