Jehovah's people are the happiest people on earth!

by Coded Logic 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I agree with JW GoneBad.

These families that you describe REALLY want to be with one another. No judgement, just spending good, quality time together. This cult deguised as a religion ruins families.

• Wasanelder Once
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Wasanelder Once

Gee...where do I sign up to join these "happy people." No wonder everyone is on depression meds. At 2:14, he states people are missing meetings and field serve us. That is the standard line with the JW's, "do more, do more, do more. If you attend your meetings and go in the ministry, you will fell better." Funny thing...we NEVER felt better. We always felt better when we got home from the meetings/assemblies (boring). We hated field serve us. Just a carload of braggers and whiners. We DON'T miss it AT ALL!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If a group NEEDS to be told to be happy, then they probably ARE NOT HAPPY.

Happiness comes naturally. If it doesn't, then there is a reason....Hmmmmm.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This thread reminds me of the Ren and stimpy song : "happy happy joy joy"....

google it.....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Note to self: Move to Scandinavia.

DD

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Stuckinarut2, watch the video, its the soundtrack!
  • Stuck in the middle37
    Stuck in the middle37
    I've attended many conventions in Sacramento over the yrs. Even met Fred Franz there at one of the conventions. Glad I'm not one of the happy people any more.
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

I remember the quote of a Catholic saint who, according to her, had conversations with the Virgin Mary. St. Bernadette Soubirous was told by the Virgin: "I cannot guarantee you happiness in this world, only in the next."

Okay, as you folks know this Jew is not stating Catholicism is the true religion or that these events were real, but it does highlight something very peculiar about cults compared to mainstream religions and even regular non-religious folks: happiness is not a guarantee in life, and we know it.

Cults and ideologies have a set of earmarks or signs that make people say: "Yep, that's a cult." One of them is the fact that their members constantly talk about how HAPPY they are and how the world does not enjoy their brand of happiness. "See? Everything is normal!" they try to assure us. "We're happy."

Their religious literature advertises ways to be happy, they smile like they are happy all they time, they often produce programming showing how happy they are.

Normal people don't do this.

For those who don't know the famous story of St. Bernadette Soubirous, she's the girl who discovered the fountains at Lourdes, France. Though the Catholic Church did not believe her at the time, and many persecuted her regarding the events, St. Bernadette received what is now believed by the Catholic Church as authentic visions and messages from Mary. The fountain is the sight of alleged miraculous cures.

But St. Bernadette, who died at an early age from tuberculosis of the bone, never availed herself of any miracles. She was not interested in them nor did she view herself as special because of the visions. When fellow Catholics asked her why she did not revisit the site of the miracle fountains at Lourdes, she responded as above with words she said Mary told her: "I cannot guarantee you happiness in this world, only in the next."

Again, I have no religious connection to this story and its validity is not the point. What is the point is the fairly normal response Bernadette gave about life. Happiness is not guaranteed for anyone, even so-called saints who see visions. Catholics don't believe it is. Jews don't either, and I am sure the same goes for atheists.

Normal people don't go around trying to show how happy their ideology or religion or convictions make them in life. Not everybody is happy. And if and when we are, we don't rush out and film ourselves being happy to show others. No, we share that happiness with people in the flesh so they can have happiness too--not to prove that our religion is normal.

In fact, I am more likely to believe that St. Bernadette had visions than believe stories from Jehovah's Witnesses who claim that Jehovah makes them happy. If a Catholic saint says happiness is not guaranteed in life, that makes more sense than people who dance around claiming that following the whims of the Governing Body does.

I would wash in the waters of Lourdes 10,000 times before I ever believe Jehovah's Witnesses are really happy.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

Also, by a stroke of luck, I happened to be wearing my shirt with a quote from Christopher Hitchens, "That which can be asserted without evidence - can be dismissed without evidence."

What does this ETHICS question comprise? it makes one ponder. Most people would view the question in various ways. The knowledge issues that come up are – science, history, human science, religion, belief, truth and faith. The impression sought after by Hitchens. This quote brings about various knowledge issues and in some cases you agree and some cases you cannot. Would this philosophy cause many to rethink, maybe, but to those with heavenly knowledge, most likely not? It would mean happiest are those who follow God’s instructions. Psalm 119:1-17 / 1 John 5:2-4 / 3 John 1:3-4

I hope some of them realize that not all "worldly people" are bad people. And that happiness is not unique to - if not altogether uncommon - among Jehovah's Witnesses.

They do, and they also do acts of kindness to others. However, the trademark of EXJWs is to the contrary and negative, that’s the only thing you’ll read here. This site should be called, ALL EXJW DISCUSSION FORUM since the present one is misleading in itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit