When You Were A JW, Were You A Pain In The Ass?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

I was a pain in the ass to the worldly people around me. I was super arrogant and righteous. I claimed to have the "truth" about everything, and I had an answer for everything based on the scriptures.

• wednesday
    wednesday

After long association with an elder, i knew all the secrets. I knew they often do not agree. I knew they often had sisters in the cong. who were sort of ther mistresses. I always stayed close to the fringe-i liked those people better. (rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints) they did not approve of my dress, men liked me(dispite all there efforts to discredit my name) i was known to use slang(gee darn gosh( without being sorry.)In my younger years, i generally played with the elders, teasing them,there are a lot of 2 face jerks.but later, i got very bold and would give it right back to them-at the hall, wherever. I would answer questions and expound on my own thoughts. Not enough they could stop me, just enough to make them uncomfortable. My long assocaition with an elder came in handy. If they tried to corner me in the back room, i would just bring him along for my atty.It took me a while to learnr how to play the game, but when i did-i got good at it.

It is not like i started out this way. At one time i really respected them and all that. But i had just saw too much and knew about too much injustice, me being on the receiving end of it.So i decided to give them a dose of their own medicine.

Surfice to say, they are not soory i am not attending meeting and i would be so surprised to see them make a call on me (me being inactive and all)

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Minimus,

I wrote condemning letters to Brooklyn using my real name and address, they never tried to make trouble for me though.

IW

• minimus
    minimus

Island WOMAN, We wouldn't make trouble for you here. So, if you want to tell us your name and gender, that will be ok.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Minimus,

My gender is woman, my name is IW.

• enjoy
    enjoy

No I was not a pain, but I did date an elder's daughter and he thought I was not "spiritual" enough for her, So I may have been a pain to him HAHA..

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I tried to be good. But I had this one "weakness." The opposite sex. I don't know how many times I was counselled about it.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    ..Pain in the ass...

According to the WT that term only applies to Christendom.

brummie

• mouthy
    mouthy

No! I was a very good follower..In fact the elders used to bring newbies to me -asking me to help them come into the arK. I NEVER suspected any in the congregation of doing anything wrong----DAH! I truly believed THIS WAS GODS channel to earth.DAH! When they kicked me out I was devastated!!! I still wish I would send Thank you cards to those who ousted me. But I dont...

Why? cos I am NOW a Christian-

• minimus
    minimus

You know who the biggest pains were?.........The ones that called you on the carpet for something and were always right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit