When You Were A JW, Were You A Pain In The Ass?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Honestly, when you were a Witness, were you a pain in the ass? Did you always tend to start trouble, whether knowingly or unknowingly? Were you every elder's worst nightmare? Were you the type that always complained about this or that?

• riz
    riz

LOL!

and no.

• gumby
    gumby

No. I had to deal with those who were a pain in the ass! Elders had to listen to the dumbest, most lame, winny, bullshit you can imagine! Most weren't a pain in the ass.......but those who were.......were good at it.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

gumby...please explain.

• Swan
    Swan

Deleted because somehow I posted this in the wrong topic!

Edited by - Swan on 11 January 2003 18:38:1

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Minimus:

What about you were YOU a pain in the ass? Did you...do you start trouble I am just curious

• minimus
    minimus

I was GOOD. Never a real pain in the ass....and you Shelia???

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Min.

Some publishers caused problems for others that we had to deal with such as refusing to "work" with certain ones and would gossip about them. Gossip was a big one. Some publishers would come to you with problems that were so ridiculous that it was not an elders place to handle it and you had to tell them that. One baptised brother wanted me to talk to his mother because his mother let his sister have a cat but wouldn't let him have a dog.

There were so many divisions in our hall that we were literally in the "backroom" (library) after EVERY meeting for a long time. It began to wear on my family.

I do remember a comment that I always appreciated from a CO. He said: If the publishers would put into practice Matt.18......95% of the problems could be avoided. Matt.18 is the one where Jesus said to go to the one you feel sinned against you and talk to them alone. (Publishers rarely applied this )

Gumby

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I was. Whenever I was hauled in the back for a "meeting" or a fact finding mission I would yawn and roll my eyes and ask them if they were done yet because I wanted to get home and watch the news. I would refuse to answer their questions. Those were the days!

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby, we could start a new thread of stupidest complaints to the elders thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit