Whats your favorite music?

by Stefanie 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Patanegra
    Patanegra

I like The Boss very much. And also flamenco music. Well, I tend to say that I love nearly all sort of music but JW's tunes (you know what I mean)

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Nobody mentioned Third Eye Blind. Has anyone here heard of them?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

She only cries when its rainin' la la la...

Oops excuse me that's "sleeps" when its rainin'

I have to say my fav third eye blind song is the one about being sick and tired of everyone having something to say about how he lives and what is socialy acceptable.

Can't recall the name right now but when I hear that one I always sing along with it. It reminds me of my youngest son going through middle school and making the transformation into high school, trying to find his feet. In a sense. He had a very hard time staying an "Individule"

Edited by - plmkrzy on 11 January 2003 19:12:22

• Aztec
    Aztec

I know who Third Eye Blind is Stefanie. They sing that song "Jumper". I like that song and their name. Is that Stephan Jenkins in your pic? I thought it looked kinda like Bono.

~Aztec

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Yeah, I've seen Third Eye Blind twice. They aren't as popular now as they use to be - the first album was a big hit. I saw them at Woodstock in Bethel, NY about 5 years ago...during a break in between songs, the singer said, "Know what I don't understand? I look out in the crowd, and all I see is WHITE PEOPLE!"

People didn't know how to react - there was silence.

Then he said, "Isn't that f*&@d up? I think color is beautiful, don't you?!?!" Then everyone cheered like crazy. Then one by one, anyone and everyone that wasn't white in the crowd got hoisted up onto peoples shoulders, and everyone cheered. I was with a few buddies right up front, and got hoisted up pretty quickly - he came over to me, pointed at me and said "what's up brotha!" Lemme tell ya, I'll never forget that. It's quite the feeling looking out over a crowd of tens of thousands of people cheering at ya. And I thought it was cool that he was pointing out the obvious culture block in our society when it comes to music. To this day I don't understand why blacks aren't into rock n roll - whites are into hip hop and rap more than blacks are into rock for some reason. I've been to tons of rock concerts and have always been able to count the number of blacks there on two hands.

go figure.

Jimi Hendrix, a black man, had a MAJOR influence on rock...you would think he would've inspired more blacks throughout the years, but i guess not. The only black rock artists I can think of are Lenny Kravitz and Living Colour, who have broken up. Well..there was Hootie and the Blowfish, but that's more pop rock. One metal band had a black singer too, but I can't recall their name...anyone know?? Wait, was it Mr. Big or King's X? One of them...

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thats cool you went to go see them. That group is what me and my fiance have in common. Blue didnt get enough air time nor publicity because of a band member leaving and suing the band. Anyways they are comming out with a new cd this spring its called Out Of The Vein. He is one of the coolest musicians ever. Keep an EYE out for their new CD, its has the same style of the first one.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

OMG ok what is a lyric or a few words of the song, im pretty sure I can tell you the name.

Jumper is my favorite song in the world, and yes thats Stephan in the Avatar.

"cut ties with all the lies that youve been living in"

Edited by - Stefanie on 11 January 2003 19:34:21

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hey b2df, are you thinking of Sevendust? The lead singer is yummy looking *drool*! I don't know why more black people aren't into rock either. That's a good question. My son is half-black and he always wants to listen to what he calls "bad to the bone music" but that's probably just my influence.

~Aztec

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Liquidsky,

Finally, someone that listens to ELECTRONIC MUSIC. :-P

Although I'm not a big fan of trance, you still get props, especially for listing Mark Farina! :-) I've seen him a few times and just got Mushroom Jazz 4 on VINYL.

The only trance I dig is Digweed. I like his deep, dark style....decent stuff.

late,

jay

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Aztec,

YES! Sevendust! Yeah, the dude with tats and dreds...he's got a kewl voice.

Hey, we should talk - if you have AOL I'm jaydadrummer - hit me up!

cheers,

jay

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit