Whats your favorite music?

by Stefanie 81 Replies latest jw friends

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I'm mostly into House music currently. Deep House, Tech House, Tribal House - Terry Francis, Terry Lee Brown Jr., Mark Farina, Mark Grant, etc etc....

But I also like Hip Hop & R&B and a little rap - artists such as Bilal, De'Angelo, Common, Dilated Peoples, Outkast etc....don't like the mainstream stuff that much.

Growing up I listened to a lot of classic rock and metal. Metallica, Rush, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix were and still are very high on the list of all time best rock bands.

I since I play piano and drums, jazz is a favorite as well. I'm basically into everything but country, although I like a few Garth Brooks songs. :-P

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

house, trance, most stuff from the 80's, duran duran, depeche mode, frankie goes to hollywood

duran duran

the great depeche mode

Edited by - pleasuredome on 11 January 2003 16:33:33

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

StinkyPantz, and back2dafront, I am hereby offering to "study" with each of you for one hour per week and, since you already appreciate some country music, you should advance to "baptism" in the society of country music lovers within six months. Only one fly in the buttermilk, you will both need to move to Texas during that six month period.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

shutterbug,

Only if you accept a study w/ me - we will study "You Can Dance Forever to House Music" first, and then we'll see about the country music! :-)

• freedom96
    freedom96

I enjoy most music, as long as there is actual talent involved.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Back2dafront, that would make a very interesting "study." I also enjoy the blues because most of the country music we hear today has its roots in the blues. May I recommend two discs you might find interesting? Get a copy of O Brother, where art thou? and Down from the mountain. Both have music by The Fairfield Four and Chris Thomas King, two of my favorites. I suspect you will agree these purchases will be worth the money. Bug

• bay64me
    bay64me

Number one favourite for me has got to be Nirvana.

I also like Foo Fighters, Oasis, Sterophonics,R.e.m, The Hives, Queens of the Stoneage.

On the lighter side, Badly drawn boy, Starsailor, Coldplay, even Robbie Williams has been known to entertain me!

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

Hmmm...Older bands are AC/DC,Def Leppard,Rolling Stones,Aerosmith and G'N'R.

Newer bands are Our Lady Peace,Creed,Theory of a Deadman among alot of others

Favorite songs right now are Innocent by Our Lady Peace and Make Up Your Mind by Theory of a Deadman.:)

It looks like bay64me has similar tastes in music:)

Wolfy

• Funchback
    Funchback

R & B (Isley Brothers, Jill Scott, Alicia Keys, Destiny's Child, Jaheim, EnVogue)

Old School Rap (Eric B. & Rakim, Run-DMC, Public Enemy, KRS-1)

Oldies (The Temptations, The Four Tops, Al Green, Isley Brothers, The Whispers, The O'Jays)

I also like: Barry Manilow, Billy Joel, James Taylor, Sade)

I enjoy Latin Music, Brazilian Music, and Reggae.

• Dolphin57
    Dolphin57

*singing* NO DOUBT!

This is my fav album of theirs, "Rock Steady" a close second

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit