Lost My Job

by Yizuman 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Francois - I think you've got a case. I think your boss is actionable. First contact the HR office in Atlanta and explain the situation. Mention the EEOC while you're at it. Let us know?

Ok I will.

I'll have to go to the library and use the TTD there since I don't have one anymore. The relay service will then be able to translate what I say to the HR department at Wal-Mart.

Wish my modem was voice compatible. I see softwares that can use a voice compatible modem that translates TTD signals back and forth between a real TTD machine and a computer. Sure would save me the drive and gas to go to the library. Indiana just had a 3% increase in gasoline tax this month so the gas prices here aren't cheap right now.

Yizuman

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Let me catagorically state, upfront, now, I am not attacking. I am pointing out my observations.....if you flame me, I will not respond....I have stated my position.

As Cassi pointed out, you missed quite a few days by your own admission:

Well, today is not a good day. A power surge killed my alarm clock (bed shaker hooked up to a digital clock plugged to the wall) and caused my alarm clock to reset itself and it was blinking when I woke up. I slept WAY past work time this morning. I got to work as fast as I could, only to be told by the Store Manager to go home because I am late. Apparently I may lose my job as a result of this.

I missed to many days of work at Wal-Mart and it's not looking good at all. Being sick alot and having depression that at times makes me sick as a puppy. The depression that I am suffering from is what my main number one problem is what caused me to miss work alot. I am taking Paxel for it. I have tried many different kinds of depression medication and alot of them don't work very well for me.

I am worried that I may lose my job. So, I will have to wait and see how things go when I speak to the Store Manager tomorrow.

You posted this on the thread Cassi attached on December 19th. Even in a crappy retail year like the one past, you admit to missing too many days--during the busiest season of the year. Any manager would fire you. I am surprised you lasted through the post season rush.

I hope you find work.

Good luck with an attorney. Since I live in an "at will" state also, your rights are limited. It does not matter what your disability is. Wal-Mart has a record of hiring people with disabilities so that is shaky ground. Considering you posted on a public DB that you missed too much work, you gave your former employer ammunition in any debate with them. If/when you do see an attorney, let them know that you did this....they will not want to be surprised during discovery.

http://www.lrims.com/FAQatwill.htm

So I can Fire At-Will employees for no reason?

It depends on what you mean. State and federal laws regulate terminations - for example, you can not terminate an employee due to their race, gender, ethnicity, union sympathy, disability and any number of other reasons. If you terminate an employee for an illegal reason, you are liable under these laws even if you are in an at-will state. In addition, even if you are in an at-will state, you still should have a justifiable, non-discriminatory business reason for any discharge. Why? Because if an employee states a claim for an illegal discharge based on one of the many statutes or legal theories available, the employer is normally required to state a legitimate reason for the discharge. While it's not illegal to fire someone for no reason in at-will states, it is dumb. Always have a legally defensible reason for any discharge.

This page discusses at will employment and also has other areas that might interest you. With your obvious computer skills, I would try a temp agency...they always need people who can type and/or file.

Wal-Mart will use your attendance as one way to discharge you legally.

Good luck

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Teenyuck

I know you hate me for whatever reason it is. Stop harrassing me.

Why are you so obsessed with me? What is it about me that you have become so obsessed in attacking every post I make?

Tell me why.

Otherwise leave me alone.

Yizuman

Edited by - Yizuman on 10 January 2003 20:36:41

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Teenyuck

I know you hate me for whatever reason it is. Stop harrassing me.

Why are you so obsessed with me? What is it about me that you have become so obsessed in attacking every post I make?

Tell me why.

Otherwise leave me alone.

Yizuman

Edited by - Yizuman on 10 January 2003 20:36:41

I wish you would not edit your posts...I wonder what you wrote that I did not see?

I am not harrassing you. I merely pointed out my point of view. You have stated I have "attacked" you before. What I typed above is not even close to an attack.

I gave you a web site that has useful information. Rather than go dig out my law books, I went on-line to give you some information that could help you. Employment law varies state to state. I know Ohio law.

Check my posts Yiz...you are sadly mistaken....I cannot recall the last time I posted on one of your threads.

I am not obsessed with you, nor do I hate you. I answered your questions; answer mine:

What is your JW connection? Easy enough to answer.....you have evaded that question everytime someone asks. Seems simple enough.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I am surprised he did that much. In most states you are only required to say, "your employment has ended" and that is it. Wal-Mart is known for being a bad employer though and is involved in several large lawsuits as it is. They are ALL about profit and do not give a crap about their people or their customers. In my opinion, they are one of the worse retailers in the business.

But damn they are cheap and I would be stupid to spend more money elsewhere!!!!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I am not harrassing you. I merely pointed out my point of view. You have stated I have "attacked" you before. What I typed above is not even close to an attack.

I gave you a web site that has useful information. Rather than go dig out my law books, I went on-line to give you some information that could help you. Employment law varies state to state. I know Ohio law. Check my posts Yiz...you are sadly mistaken....I cannot recall the last time I posted on one of your threads.

I am not obsessed with you, nor do I hate you. I answered your questions; answer mine:

What is your JW connection? Easy enough to answer.....you have evaded that question everytime someone asks. Seems simple enough.

Yes you are harrassing me. You are HOUNDING me.

What is my JW connection? You asked that a hundred times and I answered I will talk about it when I am good and ready. But that's unnacceptable to you. You keep asking it over and over and over and over again. That's an obsession. You are obsessed! Therefore you are a sick person that needs help! Go get some help!!!!! I have not evaded the question, I answered it and you still think it's an evasion. You have a warped sense of reasoning.

You have taken posts of mine, taken them out of context and warped them to make me look like I am something that I am not.

You have attacked my deafness, you have questioned my deafness and you are not only harrassing me and hounding me. You are stalking me! You are a forum stalker and you need to be put in a hospital where you can get treatment for stalking people so you can quit doing it.

DO NOT POST ANYMORE POST DIRECTING TO ME EVER AGAIN!

Thank you.

Yizuman

P.S. Is there a way to put some type of ignore list feature against this poster??

Edited by - Yizuman on 10 January 2003 22:8:4

• animal
    animal

Just click the little "-" next to YOUR name in the post..... should solve all of our problems.

Animal

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    I am surprised he did that much. In most states you are only required to say, "your employment has ended" and that is it. Wal-Mart is known for being a bad employer though and is involved in several large lawsuits as it is. They are ALL about profit and do not give a crap about their people or their customers. In my opinion, they are one of the worse retailers in the business.

But damn they are cheap and I would be stupid to spend more money elsewhere!!!!

Yes, the more I am reading on the 'net on this issue, the more I am inclined(s?) to agree.

I am reading about the china sweat shops that Wal-Mart employees because they made cheap clothes for them to buy and resell. While at the same time, they ignore the human rights violations that goes on there in China. They're virtually slaves in these sweat shops and many are beaten for various reasons. I am also reading that many are chained and held there, given little food and water and overworked all the time and have very little sleep.

Wal-Mart just opened up new stores in China just a few months ago. Man, they are all over the world now. They're trying to dominate the world market.

Yes, you are right, they don't give a crap about the employers and the customers and I have seen it firsthand everyday. It's flat out terrible. They just want your money, period. But Wal-Mart isn't the only store that practice it. Have you seen Best Buy?? Talk about horrible! Many companies are practicing the Wal-Mart way.

Yizuman

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Just click the little "-" next to YOUR name in the post..... should solve all of our problems.

Animal

Ok found it, thanks. That worked great.

Is that permanant? Or do I have to click it everytime I log on into the forum?

Thanks

Yizuman

• ugg
    ugg

god how awful!!!!!!!!!!!! just know i am thinking of you,,,,i do not have any great words of wisdom...

if it helps at all,,,,i am sending you lots of hugs...HUGS AND HUGS AND HUGS AND HUGS !!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit