Lost My Job

by Yizuman 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

New manager named Rod came in at Wal-Mart this week Monday.

Today he got a call from Marsh's office building asking for business references and apparently that pissed him off. I had dropped off a resume at the Marsh office building around 1 1/2 weeks ago or so..

He called me into his office via one of the Customer Service Manager (CSM) who asked me to follow her. He wrote down some questions asking me if I was happy at Wal-Mart, asked me why I am looking for another job. I told him that since the store has cut everyone's hours except for the salaried people down to 20+ hours a week, it's hurting me financially and I cannot live on this. I told him I needed at least 40 hours a week, plus I needed better pay since I was making $7.25 an hour. I also said I would be more happier if I had more hours.

So he handed me a green sheet of paper that had the words, "Exit Counseling" and the written explaination was "unsatisfactory performance". I knew that wasn't true since he's pissed off that I am not showing any loyalty to Wal-Mart which is what my impression was from him was all about. I told him I am not signing it since the reason was not true. So, he fired me instead. I asked why am I being fired? He said, "for insubordination". I asked what did I just insubordinate about? He wouldn't answer that question. So I guess he means that I had insubordinated him for refusing to sign the paper.

So, now I am out of a job and I'm in a panic and still need a better job. I've had 3 interviews already and none called back. I'm very very sick in my stomach from all this and feeling downright depressed.

This sucks.

I hope I find a new job REAL SOON or I'm dead.

Yizuman

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Sorry you have to go through this. They handled the entire situation incorrectly. For htem to say why are you looking for another job shoots up a red flag, but what can you do?

I wish you luck.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

sorry to hear that!

I wouldn't sit and wait for them to call me I would be calling them to see if they made any decisions. If they have, and it wasn't you that got the job, ask what you could improve on. and also when you are done with an interview, write and send a thank you. The unemployment office may have programs on how to do interviews. Do something daily, stay positive and hope something works out for you. also look into food stamps to help you out.

Jackie

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Your former new boss is an asswipe. Hopefully he dies is a firey car crash. Management in America has run amok. Sometimes, I really hate America, and the way it does business.

ash

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Wouldn't hurt to look into talking to a lawyer about an ADA claim. Just see what they say.

CG

• benext
    benext

Yizuman, you may consider speaking with an attorney specializing in unlawful terminations. What Rod may have said to the Marsh people may prove a problem to him and Wal-Mart. A follow up phone call to the companies you've left a resume with be helpful as well. All the best.

• wednesday
    wednesday

oh, u can so collect unemployment on this one.I don't know what state u live i n. but if it is NOT A RIGHT OT WORK STATE, like texas, u may have recourse to get your job back, if u want it.

• Jesika
    Jesika

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Yiz)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry about this happening. And yes it sucks. Don't freak out k?

All I can suggest in maybe working in a fastfood place or something in the meantime. I know working fastfood sucks too, but at least you will have some $ coming in till you find something better.

I wish you luck, and remember don't freak out and repeat what you did on the board last time!!!!

Much love and hugs your way!!!!

Jes

Ps. Why don't you check back with the company that was calling wanting references?? They at least sound interested. You could maybe let them know what happened and that you are in need of a job now if they have a postion open for you.

edited to add-----I am off to the gym and will be going to my mom's house to see what we can do about the situation with my son, so I will be checking back in later.

Edited by - jesika on 10 January 2003 15:53:8

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I am so sorry.That was a terrible way to be treated.

I work at a supermarket,and as much as I hate paying Uion dues,atleast such a situation can't happen.They would have to write you up three times in one year,and you have the right to refuse to meet with management until you have a representative with you.Not that I am for or against unions.It was extremely unprofessional for them to treat you that way.I hope you are able to find a job soon.

I will be thinking about you.

Take care

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hey Yiz, sorry to hear that happened.

Since you were fired you can file for unemployment... that will give you some cash until you can find another place to work. Put your resume on Monster.com

Sounds ridiculous but I kid you not, it works. That is how I found my current job.

best wishes!

Eric

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit