MAJOR TV SHOW TO DISCUSS JW CHILD ABUSE

by Scully 170 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

You don't think this thread is going to leave the first page today, do you?

Expatbrit

• sf
    sf

Hey hawkEYE,

This is what caught my enthusiasm, that I share fully with you:

"devastating investigation"

This IS what the goal has been for months...

Devastation!

You're a good man. And that doesn't come out of my mouth very often, as you are Aware!

Your participation (an understatement) in ALL of this has been much appreciated and I'd like to thank you.

>>>>> TED JARACZ:

TIME IS UP!

sKally

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

A Question to My Canadian Friends:

What has been mentioned at the meetings, if anything, about the show tonight? Was mention made of it last week? Any warnings? Any comments on how to deal with it when speaking to the general public?

*****Rub a Dub

• starfish422
    starfish422

I think it's fairly safe to say that Hawk is the reason the story is going to be airing. He got in CBC's face and MADE them take notice of this story. He has facilitated interviews, brought contacts to their attention, provided information to them, and he's never even been a JW.

Hooray, Hawk!!!! :D

Edited by - starfish422 on 29 January 2003 13:58:48

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

To All Congregations In Canada

Dear Brothers:

Urgent Appeal From Georgetown Bethel!

In view of the "critical times hard to deal with" when many are "faint with fear", we are relying upon the Christian love and generosity of all True Christians in Canada. At this time, Georgetown Bethel has an urgent need of toilet plungers to unblock our overloaded and hardworking facilities.

Congregations should immediately contribute any and all toilet plungers from their Kingdom Hall washrooms. Local elders should forward a list of Sisters who the elders feel are exemplary in their skillful wielding of the "plunger of relief."

Please be assured of our continued appreciation for you Christian support.

Canadian Branch Committee

p.s. The Fifth Estate is the tool of the devil!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Under 6 hours in the East and under 5 hours in the Atlantic Time Zone.

Its SHOW TIME !!!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

expatbrit writes:

Local elders should forward a list of Sisters who the elders feel are exemplary in their skillful wielding of the "plunger of relief."

That sounds frightening...... even to a seasoned nurse like myself!!!

Pity the exemplary plunger wielding sisters....

Love, Scully

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm curious. I read from Silent Lambs that viewers with DirecTV in the USA could watch it on channel 366, News World International, which I think is a CBC affiliate? Anyway, when I looked in the program guide, it just said The National was scheduled for that time. Will the Fifth Estate do a simulcast with The National? I am so confused!

CG

• starfish422
    starfish422

Countrygirl, if you're watching CBC Newsworld the fifth estate will be on tomorrow evening (Thursday) at 10 pm ET. Newsworld is CBC's all-news channel, it has a different schedule from CBC. :)

• Scully
    Scully

Country Girl:

Please keep in mind that NEWSWORLD will be broadcasting "The Fifth Estate"

TOMORROW, THURSDAY, JANUARY 30, 2003 @ 22:00 hrs EST.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2003 @ 14:00hrs EST

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2003 @ 10:00hrs EST

If you live in a different time zone, you will need to adjust your viewing/recording time accordingly. NEWSWORLD will NOT be broadcasting "The Fifth Estate" tonight. Particularly if you've got Witness friends and family members primed for viewing tonight - I wouldn't want you to have to face the typical "so where is this promised scandal/exposee you promised?" type of reaction from them.

Here are the links for the programs coming up:

http://www3.cbc.ca/sections/whatson_redux.asp?action=LIST&inetworkid=1&start=1/30/03%2000:00:00%20AM&end=1/30/03%2011:45:00%20PM (THURSDAY'S LISTINGS)

http://www3.cbc.ca/sections/whatson_redux.asp?action=LIST&inetworkid=1&start=2/1/03%2000:00:00%20AM&end=2/1/03%2011:45:00%20PM (SATURDAY'S LISTINGS - see 14:00 "Disclosure")

http://www3.cbc.ca/sections/whatson_redux.asp?action=LIST&inetworkid=1&start=2/2/03%2000:00:00%20AM&end=2/2/03%2011:45:00%20PM (SUNDAY'S LISTINGS - see 10:00)

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit