Do you have a favorite work of art?

by Aztec 40 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Thank you Angharad!! I'll check it out.

I love the lines in his work- there is a serene elegance about it all. Very nice. Might have to have one !!!

XW of the "wish I had more wall space" class

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

My boyfriend, Nick's, mother has her own gallery in San Diego, CA. From her I've learned to appreciate art in a way I never did before. I am very partial to abstract work. My favorite artist is Joseph Maruska. Mom lends us many works of art. Sha gave nick a very large Maruska for his office, that is until we get a house and I steal it away. I have two little ones in our apartment now.

http://www.dnfagallery.com/exhibits/1002-6artists/maruska/_pricepages/new%20star.htm

If you'd like to look at more artists from my mum-in-law's website, it is http://www.susanstreetfineart.com/home.html

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Eros by Pamela Williams. That facial expression carries so much emotion... without saying or hearing a word. The lighting, the angle, a bit of the wing, part of the shoulder...

Edited to say -- I prefer photography over other forms of art. Black and whites really get me.

Eros

Edited by - MrMoe on 10 January 2003 15:46:26

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

What awesome art, you guys! Beautiful stuff. I would love a print of the Indian...it touched my heart.

Vincent Van Gogh (the irises and sunflowers are wonderful - my favorite is the one of his bedroom in Arles) and Georgia O'Keefe (her big poppy stands out in my mind right now, but I really enjoy looking at a lot of her work) are my favorite artists. I have a love for the Impressionists, but Hans Holbein the Younger's portraits of Henry VIII's court are stunning and the portraits of Edward (Henry's son) and Anne of Cleves have always been favorites.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I really enjoy Monet's works, and my favorite is his "Bridge at Giverny"

I painted a copy of this in watercolor. It took me months to complete. Mine has more orange shades than this copy that I got off the internet. I have no scanner so I can't post mine. . . one day, though. In the meantime, here it is:

ESTEE

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

After reading YouKnows post, I got this idea. It would make lots and lots of money! A video game with all that in it calling it "The Last Hour"

Of course there would be several levels the player would have to conquer, all the while knowing in advance there is no possible way out and survival is next to...non existent. There will only be an extreme limited number of survivors due to the difficulty of the game.

Plmkrzy my idea though, not youknows! lol

• Aztec
    Aztec

Wow! Very cool art. I love Vettriano too. He's very popular here. I've sold alot of his work! Ansel Adams rocks. I have alot of B&W photography in my home. I also like Gaudi, Erte, Klee, Giger, and alot of the older Japanese art. I wish I had time to post pics of all my favorite pieces...

Thank you all for responding.

~Aztec

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I'm with Makin and SS, I love anything by monet. There were a few of his paintings at an exibit here in Raleigh a couple of years ago, that I attended.

• TR
    TR

Sorry, only here to feed the troll.

You Blow seems to be gracing us with his thoughts of bloodlust. LOL!

TR

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Claude Monet: Resting Under the Lilacs

Edited by - Lilacs on 10 January 2003 22:45:52

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit