Do you have a favorite work of art?

by Aztec 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I love Edward Hopper and Patrick Caulfield.

Ignored One.

• acsot
    acsot

E-man: I also love Turner, but I think that my favourite artist on canvas is Vermeer. I'm at work and can't scan anything.

I also absolutely love Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi. For me, his buildings are true works of art.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I think the Winged Victory of Samothrace at the Louvre Museum is astonishing:

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/G/greek/winged_victory.jpg.html

AlanF

• roybatty
    roybatty

Nothing from a WatchTower publication? I'm SHOCKED!!!!

• Know_You
    Know_You

Apostates,

Know this that Jehovah of Armies will soon smite this sick old system adeadly blow - already we see the demon led financial system in ruins. Persoanl credit is at all time highs and is obviously unsustainable. Lyndon LaRouche has correctly pointed to the FreeMasons and members of other secret religious societies who, from their lairs in London, pull the strings which cause the daily transfer of trillions of dollars a day in derivatives, options, credit and naked mortgages. These greedy selfish rats control this system under the direction of their handlers, Satan and his demons; countless people continue to refinance their homes in ever increasing numbers so that they can satisfy the obscence desires of their flesh which flashed up especially during the recent mad bubble. Many are even converting their mortgages into adjustable rate mortgages, banking on interest rates remaining low. GOLD is at an all time high and war with Iraq looms. No doubt Saddam is gearing up hosts of suicide bombers with backpack nukes and anthrax aerosols ready to repel invaders. Did not the prophet say: "and from the west will a great army be launched, and they will march on the city of the great King, and they will decsend like hawks from the air, and like bees they will sting. But they will not prevail. Their flesh will be torn from their living organism and their eyes will fall from their sockets. Even Kittim's ships will be wrested from their place and plunged to the depths of the sea. None shall survive." Did not the scripture also say that the King of the North would rise up like bakers dough, enriched with yeast and honey, against the King of the South. As The Slave correctly prophesied in the fine theocratic publication "Let Your Will Be Done" the final battel will be about OIL.

So, you renegade nest of viperous vermin, here is my favorite piece of art:

Let no one doubt that God's visible organization will be the one place on this paltry planet where a lover of the True God and his faithful visible organization, so wisely guied by the Faithful Slave, can find safe haven while the rest of perverted humanity slithers like snakes to its everlasting destruction.

Hope that helps. LOL! /KnowYou

Edited by - Know_You on 10 January 2003 13:14:37

Edited by - Know_You on 10 January 2003 13:16:49

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmmmmm I really enjoy Van Gogh.

Theres a painting in the San Fransico museum of a Door that looks like a real door. I dont know who painted it but its pretty impressive.

Hmmmmmmm Any thing in the Louve is pretty sweet but a little overwhelming.....

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Know_You,

Is that the best that you can do?

No dead and bleeding children clutching dollies?

I think that you should seek counsel for your inability to to stoop to the depths of expected Watchtower psychosis.

Spanner

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 11 January 2003 13:26:24

• Know_You
    Know_You

Spanner,

: I think that you should seek council for your inability to to stoop to the depths of expected Watchtower psychosis.

Which council - London Borough? Alas, when the Big One hits, the grandaddy of 'em all, then all men's councils will be gone.

KY

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Angharad:

Can you tell me the name of this piece?

I love it!!! Reminds me of my dad and his brothers when I was little.

Thanks - love that artist's work!!!

XW

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi XW

Its called Amateur Philosophers

This is a good web-site with alot more of his work on where you can buy prints.

http://www.the-artwork.com/vettriano2.html

Edited by - angharad on 10 January 2003 14:22:13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit