Do you have a favorite work of art?

by Aztec 40 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This is my favorite painting of all time...it's at the MIA, and I can easily loose track of time in front of this painting, I dunno why but it draws me in. It's a small painting but so dramatic with color, detail, and depth.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Monet, poppies at argenteuil is my favorite. I have one on my wall.

I also like klimt and mati klarwein's stuff.

SS

• qwerty
    qwerty

All of God's Creation!

• Cassandra Cain
    Cassandra Cain

lol I love Boris Vallejo Hound But I'm going to put these 3 TALENTED Independant artist cuz they are just amazing!!!!!!! I don't know them personally but I have admired their work for quite some time ^_^ bara has come quite a long way I have been observing her art for over 5 years now ^__^

http://bara-chan.deviantart.com/

http://enayla.deviantart.com/

http://socar.deviantart.com/

~Cassandra~

ooh yeah Boris studed anatomy cuz he was like going to become a doctor and then he became an artist and he ussually uses his wife as a modle riiight? some times friends I gess too.....and he ussually dose illustrations for scifi things. and he is a good photographer as well as a airbrush artist......& so is his wife... I've never seen her stuff but I had heard that they were acusing her of using some of her husbond's stuff (boris) in her name...anywhoo......nite nite

Edited by - Cassandra Cain on 10 January 2003 5:9:38

Edited by - Cassandra Cain on 10 January 2003 5:13:32

• Englishman
    Englishman

"The Fighting Temeraire" by Turner:

Englishman.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

May Morning on Magdalen Tower, William Holman Hunt. I don't have one favorite, but its on the list....You can see this in its full splendour at the Lady Lever Gallery at Port Sunlight, Wirral.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I like Jack Vettriano's work

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Tanger

I like Tanger....also Georgia O'Keefe and my whole house is done in Van Gogh.

I also like these next two photographers,

David Malin, mainly from plates taken with the telescopes of the Anglo-Australian Observatory. These pictures focus on stars and star-forming regions, globular clusters and the endless variety of galaxies. Other pictures, of star trails and constellations, were made with more modest equipment, both by David Malin and his associates David Miller and Akira Fujii.

The Cone Nebula

And of course Ansel Adams.

Moon and Half Dome - Yosemite National Park 1960 (embossed) (Editor's Choice)

Edited by - rubytuesday on 10 January 2003 7:56:35

• Lin
    Lin

Wow...these are great! I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm not that familiar with various painters. I've only been to an art musuem maybe once in my life, so I think it's time to go and edumacate myself..LOL All I know at this point is that I like Thomas Kinkade stuff, with all the cottages/homes and all the colors he uses. I'm not into all his Lighthouse stuff, but I sure enjoy the cottages...

• blondie
    blondie

Saint Satan, I love that Monet too. I have a print in 2 places at home.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit