New Kingdom Halls

by panhandlegirl 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl
    What's with all this new Kingdom Hall building? Just watched jw Broadcasting about their Master Plan for building new Kingdom Halls. Sounds like a big deal. Just wondered what others thought about it,
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The interesting thing is.............I don't recall anyone posting about a new KHall being built anywhere. There's been talk about consolidating Congregations so more Congs are sharing the same KHall, as well as KHalls being closed and sold.

In our RBC area, the summer months especially had a new KHall or major remodel scheduled once per month. Not now. Nothing. (Of course, I'm much more out-of-the-loop than in the past, but still have a family member involved.)

I'd love to hear of someone who knows of a NEW KINGDOM HALL ACTUALLY BEING BUILT vs. just talked about.

Doc

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    They have closed and sold a few!
  • millie210
    millie210
    In my area there has been nothing which is strange now that you mention it, Things had been hopping before.
  • panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl
    Thanks for the feedback. Guess we can wait and see what happens.
  • freddo
    freddo
    It's a scam.
  • berrygerry
  • username
    username

There have been reports (here too) where the watchtower have took all moneys saved by the rank and file to build a new KH only for it to be sent o the watchtower on the promise that they will look into building new facilities. Once the watchtower grabbed the money they refused the application to build a new KH!

I wish there was something that could be done about this because its nothing short of stealing!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It's like you read my mind PANHANDLE GIRL!

I was just thinking, has anyone either seen or even heard of one of these new style halls going up?

The local hall was supposed to get one -- they're "at the top of the list"-- but alas NOTHING has materialized and the start dates continue to get pushed off 4-6 months into the future.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    I know of one KH that was built last year but haven't heard of anything since. I do remember hearing back at that time that there were a couple more KHs to be constructed but haven't heard if they started or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit