God hates wickedness.....but MUST allow it.

by gumby 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Saint if you will condescend to reread what I have been writing here Death did not kill Adam nor Eve.

feeding HIS master, Death

Death is indeed a person the Destroyer and yes, JAH commands him as well (Death, where is your sting? And Death and Hades were hurled into the Lake of Fire.) Death is the King of the Abyss, Abaddon. Since JAH is the Most High, even Death is subject to Him, so that Deaths High Priest, Satan, must still subject himself to the Holy One of Israel. And yes, Death IS used by JAH (think Egypt; think Assyria). But it is at JAHs will, for HIS purpose.

God is Life, so that He knows Himself, and Death is an individual that is greatly known by God. And the latter, Death, is what God did NOT want Adam and Eve or their progeny to know. But they chose differently and so, as a result we ALL now know Death,

Here are your beliefs on the subject of death. These are some of the features in your fantasy world.

1.You say god commands death as a servant to him.

2. In turn death commands satan as his master.

3. You say death is a person. (is this not from greek/egyptian mythology?)

4. You say that in seducing adam and eve, satan was feeding his master death.

5. Yet you say that death did not kill adam and eve.

Given the above statements, it follows that satan actually failed, in his attempted services to his master, your imagined person, death.

You must believe, that adam and eve commited suicide. Also, if death did not kill adam and eve, one could ask, are they really dead? Deathless suicide????

Since satan serves death, and death serves god, it follows that satan serves god also. My hypothesis that god is the author of evil stands against your reasonings.

your quotes about JAH causing evil I would ask you to check the original language, for the word YOU state as evil is mistranslated. The accurate word is calamity,

As if evil isn't a calamity and calamity isn't evil! But you strain at gnats in order to justify your idol. Why not let him speak for himself? Oh yah, he needs people like you to speak through.

Since you wish to quote the Bible, I exhort you to READ it before you dispute that which you do not know or understand.

I spent about 32 yrs studying it quite deeply as a jw. Then about 3 yrs, independantly as a spiritual christian. I think that's enough to understand one book. It's enough to finally see how hopelessly messed up the book really is.

But heres the thing that puzzles me most, I guess, the thing I find most illogical: One argument is that God does not exist yet, He is blamed. Can you blame something/someone that does not exist? Another argument is that God does exist, but deserves to be tried for what He does and/or allows.

I'm not atheist or satanist, as you suggested. Since i understand bible theology fairly well, i'm trying to help you out of it's tangles. Your spirit is polluted by it.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 13 January 2003 17:4:29

• AGuest
    AGuest

DannyBearManBro'... peace to you... and of course I know you... and your intent. Please do not take offense, as none was meant. If what I said seemed to be directed at you, know that it was not per se, but at those whose "shoes fit". You know me, too... we've "spoken" on many occasions regarding many things. I understand how most folks feel... truly. I do. But is it RELIGION that is responsible, however, as you well know, and just like everyone else gets all "fired" up over their positions, I can get a little "zealous" regarding mine. But then... all is fair... isn't it... in love... AND war? I have my position... and my defenses... just as everyone else has theirs. I don't belittle anyone else theirs, but only try to state mine... and why.

Dear Saint... peace to you. Perhaps you are not an atheist or a satanist; I can readily accept that. However, I am not a religionist nor a theologist... nor have I studied extensively, although some here tend to think so. I am just me, Shelby, speaking MY 'truth'... as I know it to be. As I said, it is not my business to convince you... or anyone... of anything. You don't NEED to be convinced... by me... because I, too, am earthling man... in whom you were told NOT to put your trust. So, I say to you, again, as I have said to all here... don't take my word for anything. I am nothing more than you or any other. If you don't believe me, then all you need do is ask; you don't NEED to read the Bible, put your trust in the Bible, follow the Bible, accept the Bible, quote the Bible... or push the Bible. And if you have read anything that I have posted here over the years, you know that I absolutely advocate AGAINST that... that rather than direct you to the BIble, I am about the business of directing you to the One about whom the BIble itself speaks. That's it; that's all.

To those of you who have "trouble" understanding me or where I am "coming from"... please... please know that it is perhaps because I come from a "place" of which you do not know... a place of which you were never taught by religion to exist or be possible... the "place" of Spirit and Truth... which dwells in my heart... you may well not understand me. Do not despair, however, for if you truly WANT to understand... no, not follow or accept or believe but simply UNDERSTAND... all you need do... is ask.

Again, I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• rem
    rem

It's difficult to find any benefit in continuing a discussion with shelby. She obviously lives in a fantasy world where logic and rationality are absent. Her grasp of logic is so abysmal that she can't even tell when she is contradicting herself. I doubt there is even any benefit for the lurkers, seeing that her responses are so long and senseless.

Continuing a discussion with her only reinforces her own fantasies in her mind. I doubt it is healthy for us to encourage her delusions by acknowledging them.

rem

• gumby
    gumby

you don't NEED to read the Bible, put your trust in the Bible, follow the Bible, accept the Bible, quote the Bible... or push the Bible

Then you would have to agree that 2 Tim 3:16 is useless. "All scripture is god breathed, benificial for teaching, reproving, that the man of god may be equipped" Jesus himself quoted from it as law. God supposedly, had men write it, direct it, and dispense it.........yet you say shelby a person doesn't need it......just ask and it will be opened.

Shelby,...if you or I could see how many through history have asked, begged, pleaded......how many would there be? Was the door opened to all these asking? Why is it Rem, SS, Dannybear, Shakita, have all asked and now we are where we are? Are we bad people? Do you think our hearts are evil and we do not really seek truth? I can tell you.......we have.

And yes Shelby....we are leary of putting trust in things again.....and thats good. There are many things we have put our trust in......when we believe it.

Gumby

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Amen brother Gumby.

What is unfortunate is that defender's of 'the faith'. Will try and minimize or subvert the obvious. For one to 'believe' in Christ Jesus (arisen) you must have unreserved confidence that the bible is what it claims to be. Words and messages supplied from god himself.

No amount of backpeddeling or excuses for what it say's, can change that fact.

So 'believer's' must resort to all sorts of backhanded justification for a good deal of what it (the bible) declares.

Danny

• gumby
    gumby

Mornin Dannybear,

Well I see you had your caffeine this morning and are thinking clearly again! LOL

I really WISH I could believe in something.....I really really do. Once the Bible came to be a doubt in my mind there was no more DIRECTION for me.....no answers. It sucks. But......I will not believe just to make me feel better and give me a hope....it has to be real or it's as useless as the dubs were.

I think Rem hit the nail on the head with ole Shelly. She is a sweetie though. I suppose if she really believes what she does she is no worse off than the rest of us who don't have a clue what is real.

Sometimes I wonder if people are better off knowing the truth about the Bible. Religion definately sucks and has caused a history of heartaches and lost lives however, but if not for that.....I suppose there is no harm.

Well dude I'm off to work only to go down on my knees......I'm in floorcovering.

Talk at ya all later

Gumby

Edited by - Gumby on 14 January 2003 19:29:59

• AGuest
    AGuest

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Gumby Danny peace to you both!!

You know, when I read Rems reply, I thought, Well, thats that he/she has his/her opinion about ME and obviously I cant change that. So I went on about my life. And then tonight I was compelled to look one more time, and lo and behold! Before we begin, however, I must ask you please please please do not misinterpret my tone: I am indeed fired up but not in anger, not at all. It is because you are still even bothering to discuss the matter, so I am quite excited. Now, then, Gumby, dear, you first:

Then you would have to agree that 2 Tim 3:16 is useless. "All scripture is god breathed, beneficial for teaching, reproving, that the man of god may be equipped" Jesus himself quoted from it as law. God supposedly, had men write it, direct it, and dispense it.........yet you say shelby a person doesn't need it......just ask and it will be opened.

No, sorry, dear one, but you are in error. Grave error. You have misstated me and totally misunderstood me. First, my Lord did not quote FROM either the Bible or scripture, but STATED law which was law LONG before it was written and then ONLY when replying to Satan or to the scribes/Pharisees who were attempting to use them against HIM. He said to THEM, it is written, because obviously they were testing him as to whether he KNEW or not. But of course he knew: he was the means by which such law was handed down TO man.

Second, the only time he quoted FROM scripture yes, even READ from it was ONCE when he stood up in the synagogue and quoted Isaiah and then stated that the prophesy that he was to come to do Jahs will, as it was written in the scroll, had now been fulfilled. That was the ONLY time he was recorded to open the law (or open a Bible for some of you). Once.

The REASON that my Lord never quoted FROM the scriptures is that he didnt NEED to: he didnt NEED to check the law so as to see what is said to do or not do, what was right or wrong because he HAD the law WRITTEN ON HIS HEART and not written on either stone tablets or on paper in delible ink. So, even if there had been no written law, as we understand written, he STILL could have said thatas it was indeed written on his heart.

And I indeed said that a person doesnt need the Bible, for the Bible is NOT all scripture. I have stated that here on this board I dont know HOW many times. My Lord did NOT quote from the Bible COULD not quote from the Bible because when he was in the flesh there WAS no Bible.

Shelby,...if you or I could see how many through history have asked, begged, pleaded......how many would there be?

Tell me, Gumb, please you yourself what did you ask FOR? What did you plead FOR? Beg FOR? Tell me, please. Seriously. I want to know. Not to ridicule you my question is sincere and honest. I would like to ask you and any others to take a moment and stop and reflect: what was it you asked FOR? For knowing that will help you

Was the door opened to all these asking? Why is it Rem, SS, Dannybear, Shakita, have all asked and now we are where we are?

Yes, the Door is open to ALL who are wishing, thirsting and asking. And the Spirit and the Bride KEEP saying Come! You are where you are because well, see above and keep reading. Please.

Are we bad people?

Of COURSE not! Who ever implied that? Certainly not me! You are, however misled.

Do you think our hearts are evil and we do not really seek truth?

No, I do not think your hearts are evil at all nor does my Father or my Lord. You could not show me the love you do, if that were the case. And yes, I DO think you are seeking Truth. The very fact that this discussion has continued lends to that.

However, you do not yet know what that truth IS that you seek. You seek truth as earthling man has described it to you, his definition: the accuracy of information. But what you and many others fail to SEE (dear Lord, help me help THEM understand this) is that the TRUTH is not a WHAT or a HOW or a WHEN or a WHY but a WHO!! If you could just open your mind and your heart to understand THAT then you would understand what it is you NEED to ask for versus what you have asked for and from WHOM. Can you not hear what is stated at Revelation 3:17?

I know your deeds that you are neither hot nor cold I wish you cold or else hot So, because you are LUKEWARM I am going to vomit you out of my mouth.

Wait! Please dont stop there! Please for HE doesnt stop there! Please keep reading and HEAR and get the sense of it for such is NOT talking about what the WTBTS and religion told you it was. Nor is this:

Because YOU say, I am rich and have acquired riches and do not need ANYTHING AT ALL but you do NOT KNOW that you ARE miserable and pitiable and poor and BLIND and naked.

Think ummmm. MATRIX! (Sorry, but I am trying to speak YOUR language that which you CAN understand!) Those people THOUGHT they saw, THOUGHT they knew keep reading

I ADVISE YOU to buy from ME gold refined by fire that you may BECOME rich and white outer garments (a white robe) that you may BECOME dressed and that the shame of YOUR nakedness (like that of Adam and Eve) may not become MANIFESTED and EYESALVE to rub in your eyes that you MAY see.

(Please keep reading)

ALL those I have affection for I reprove and DISCIPLINE.

Why? Why reprove us... why discipline us? Because discipline YIELDS PEACEABLE FRUIT namely RIGHTEOUSNESS. But it is NOT the discipline that earthling man and religion has taught you! It is NOT punishment but training. A 're proof' is NOT, "You worthless child, you!" No, it is "No, child, you don't want to do that!" The Law Covenant which was training FOR THE FLESH... was FULFILLED so now, there is no punishment, but only training... FOR THE SPIRIT! For God does not wish ANY to die but ALL to attain to repentance.

But so many of you so many rather than welcome the training which is what discipline IS abhor it. You abhor it, because of the reproof and discipline put upon you NOT by GOD... but by earthling man, under the guise of speaking FOR God. But theirs is false. For it is true that discipline belongs to sons, dear one. Ind eed, what LOVING father does not discipline TEACH, TRAIN his children? And God's discipline is DONE in love. Did you not read... did yo not hear... the discipline taught by Christ... and HOW he taught it? Whom did he condemn... and for what... other than those who 'shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men?" But, because of earthling mans definition and religions manifestation of discipline you have been TAUGHT NOT to love discipline but the REJECT it! You have be en taught that it is "bad"... because their manifestation of it is bad? Can you not see that? And can you not see how that has served THEIR purpose... and not God's?!

I can tell you.......we have.

Of course, you have. But you have based on what youve been taught BY EARTHLING MAN versus what you were taught by your heavenly Father through Christ. Earthling man taught you what to ask and pray for; my Lord also taught you what to ask and pray for. To whom did you LISTEN? To whom did our heavenly Father TELL us to listen? The error is not with God and Christ, dear Gumby it is with us, earthling man. We listen to everyone BUT the One we were told to listen to.

And yes Shelby....we are leary of putting trust in things again.....and thats good.

Indeed, it is good. Therefore, you must test the inspired expression. However, the things that the WTBTS and religion have taught you: where is the proof? Is it not in their WORKS? And what are their works? I ask you: the things they taught YOU to do did/do THEY do? And what then were we told about those who say but do not DO?

What did you/we/I do? We put our trust in them, didnt we? Even though we were told not to. And now where are we? Even further separated from God even MORE untrusting lacking faith to an even GREATER degree! Do you not see their PURPOSE? Do you not see who they work for and the desired result? They are accomplishing exactly what they were designed to do: mislead, IF POSSIBLE EVEN THE CHOSEN ONES! Thus, the admonishment STAY AWAKE!

There are many things we have put our trust in......when we believe it.

I agree. And hey, Danny I am surprised at your comment, as well:

What is unfortunate is that defender's of 'the faith'.

I dont know to whom you refer, for I am not a defender of the faith, but rather, a defender of who and what I am by means of faith. There is a BIG difference.

Will try and minimize or subvert the obvious. For one to 'believe' in Christ Jesus (arisen) you must have unreserved confidence that the bible is what it claims to be.

And what does the Bible claim to be versus what EARTHLING MAN has claimed it to be?

Words and messages supplied from god himself.

The Bible says states records contains information that indicates NO SUCH THING, Danny. It is earthling man that has perpetuated that myth. Surely you know that.

No amount of backpeddeling or excuses for what it say's, can change that fact.

No excuses or backpeddling is necessary because that is NOT a fact. What IS necessary is for you all to DROP what you have been taught especially what you've been taught the Bible SAYS... and what such sayings MEAN... ENTIRELY. LET IT GO! Go back to square one back to the FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE on which faith is BUILT the Christ and let HIM teach you!

Start over! Lose everything RELIGION has taught you and return to the One who gave his life for you the Fine Shepherd who gave his LIFE for the sheep because he loves them versus the hired man who has no affection for the sheep because they are not HIS sheep. Truly, what does he care that you are misled? So long as his agenda is served what is it to him?

So 'believer's' must resort to all sorts of backhanded justification for a good deal of what it (the bible) declares.

There is no need for backhandedness, truly. Why should we not put our trust in the Bible, dear ones? Because it (1) is not scripture in its entirety, (2) is NOT the word of God, but contains scripture that directs us TO that Word; (3) has been tampered with by the false stylus of earthling man and SAYS so; (4) is NOT the word of God; (5) is for unbelievers who do not yet have the law written on their hearts, so that they have to see it in writing before they will condescend to hear what is true; (6) is NOT the word of God.

Man, dear ones whether earthling (terrestrial) or heavenly (celestial) does not live by bread alone but by the WORD than came forth from God. (You have even been misled by that this statements truly says... and means.)

As always, I bid you all the greatest of peace.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hi Shell,

I just wanted you to know, I read every word. It's late and I have a big day set up for tomorrow, so I have to get some sleep.

You are a real giver Shell, we may never agree on beliefs, but the world needs people like you who care. You truly seem to do just that.

I will be back asap to address some of what you said. Good nite for now, sleep tight.

Danny

• gumby
    gumby

Dannybear said:

"It's late and I have a big day set up for tomorrow, so I have to get some sleep".

Danny Bear is lying Shelly! He called me up and said he didn't like you anymore and doesn't want to talk to you anymore either!

Not really of course.

You asked me what I prayed for....what I begged and pleaded for. I'll tell you.

I asked in a way I felt I expressed my feeling's the best I could describe. I said to God this....

1) Please let me know what truth is and let me abide by it.

2) If your son is real....let me know for sure. If you are real....let me know

3) Please never leave me or let me leave you if you are real.

Shelly.....a father such as God knows what you need without asking. The bible says the Spirit "pleads for us".

Do you think God would NEED the correct wording from me to answer? No....he would read my heart and answer a SINCERE request. I was sincere....I AM sincere. This subject in my life is the biggest dilema I have EVER faced because since I was young I have had an intrest in God and truth.

Sadly....the more I searched, the more I found reason to NOT believe the bible.....hence.....this in turn put doubts on Jesus of which he came from.....the bible. Were it not for the bible Shelly how would you have known Jesus existed? Would he have revealed himself to you? How would he know you were looking for him as a savior were it not written in the bible? Which parts of the bible do you dismiss and what do you consider truth?

I think you and dannybear and myself need to get tanked up on some good brew and get together and discuss this stuff.....what do ya say?

Actually I live only a few hours from you and hope to meet you at an Apostofest someday as I do enjoy who you are. You put a lot of time and effort in your thoughts and that IS appreciated as Dannybear already mentioned.

Take care gal and I'll talk at you this evening if you read and respond

Your bro.(in a way )

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest

Danny... Gumb... peace to you!!

I went to bed right after my post (LONG... but good... day!), but got up and read right away. Can't respond right now, Gumb... gotta go to work (and kinda get watched there, so...). If I can, I will respond in a few hours; if not, as soon as I... uh-oh... got school tonight (6:30-10:00pm). Hmmmm... tell you what: I will lock myself in my office at lunch (I NEVER take lunch - they're gonna be shocked! Oh, well, I guess it's time I took one... LOL!)... and we will "talk". That is, if that's okay with you. Okay, then. "See" ya, soon!

Your servant, "sister"... and a slave of Christ,

Shel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit