Petition for U.S. AG investigation.

by freemindfade 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Zoos
    Zoos

Make that 648 signatures.

I'm happy to add my signature but I have no faith in this gaining traction. The U.S. is afraid to rock it's religious boat. These people demand the right to do just about ANYTHING in the name of religion and the gubberment turns a blind eye to it.

Besides, I think the feds know that if they start snooping around they're going to find a spectrum-wide quagmire they're not ready or willing to acknowledge, let alone address. Religion is such an integral part of government here that the corruption is winked at, not investigated.

Be like asking the government of Iran to investigate abuses from Islam.

Why do you think all these whacko religious movements have their roots in America?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I don't know where Flipper heard this 1,000 signatures thing, but it is not accurate

".. it needs 383 more to make the 1,000 needed to get submitted I believe to get a commission looking into this in the U.S."

Change.org has no power to require anyone to look at it. That's We The People.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/

Great idea by the way, this thing clearly has movement behind it..

But there are some things to be aware of. We the People site has a 100,000 target.

In order to receive a response, a petition must hit 100,000 signatures within 30 days — a number that was raised from 30,000 in January of 2013. Under the new 60-day deadline, the process "is going to look a little different," writes chief digital officer Jason Goldman. Based on the statement, that involves a new panel of people who will coordinate responses.

And in a somewhat bigger change, massive petition site Change.org is now integrating with We the People, which means that signatures collected there can count towards the 100,000 total.

www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/9060959/white-house-we-the-people-petition-change-org

To cross the first threshold and be searchable within WhiteHouse.gov, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days.

To cross the second threshold and require a response, a petition must reach 100,000 signatures within 30 days.

www.petitions.whitehouse.gov/how-why/terms-participation

Change.org petitions have no power in themselves, they are just a platform.

If you want help to put together a well-worded (as in legally well worded, for example I personally would leave out the "mentally diseased and apostate lies stuff", this is going to the government and they don't have a clue what you're talking about.)..

I'd recommend contacting AAWA and get a We the People petition arranged.

www.aawa.co/about-aawa/contact-us/

Or at least get advice from them on how to get a petition you write media attention.

www.change.org/en-GB/guides/get-the-story-to-media

Just trying to help, I'm not having a go here.. Best of luck with your good idea ;)

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    Sorry about the formatting, but hopefully the last post was still readable.. I'll just highlight these points..
    "Change.org petitions have no power in themselves, they are just a platform.

We the People petitions need 100,000 signatures to get an official response.
    If you want help to put together a well-worded (as in legally well worded, for example I personally would leave out the "mentally diseased and apostate lies stuff", this is going to the government and they don't have a clue what you're talking about.)..

I'd recommend contacting AAWA and get a We the People petition arranged.
    www.aawa.co/about-aawa/contact-us/

Or at least get advice from them on how to get a petition you write media attention.

www.change.org/en-GB/guides/get-the-story-to-media

Just trying to help,I'm not having a go here..

Best of luck with your good idea ;)
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Petitions that affect people in general, not just one relatively minor group, probably have the best chance of getting public interest and lots of signatures..

(Here is one example I personally would support)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/remove-statute-limitations-child-sexual-abuse-cases-pass-jessicas-law-and-erins-law-and-new-proposed-law

Maybe someone could set one up on We the People to ask the government simply to "set up an Inquiry to investigate child sexual abuse in religious institutions", something like that?

As I said, aawa may help with effective wording, I have little to offer.. Best wishes, though :)

(Oh, and you can always email them directly with a link to a petition and see what they reply. Don't give up!!)

www.whitehouse.gov/contact/write-or-call

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Signed
  • ron rawson
    ron rawson

signed and forwarded to most of my contacts.... a few of them have already responded "signed"....

If nothing else it will get the word out about JW's pedo sickness.I hope it snowballs into much, much more.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Will this be sent to the AG with some sort of evidence?
  • flipper
    flipper
    DEFENDER- Thanks for the information correction. My error. I don't know where I got the idea of 1,000 signatures either. 100,000 signatures ? Wow, that WILL take some time- but it's worth it
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth
    Sorry Flipper.. But that means 100,000 in 30 days.. :(
  • flipper
    flipper
    Bump this thread to the top. Any ideas on how to get this link to the petition out to more of the public ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit