Green Bay A-fest July 2003 Hotel Info....

by scootergirl 32 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

As many of you may now, Ms. Xenawarrior is hosting an apostafest for this upcoming summer (July 19). There sounds like there may be many of us coming in from out of town (including me, ms. joannadandy and eyegirl )

Anyone interested in staying at the Holiday Inn in Green Bay? Rooms seem reasonable, there is a 24 hour pool and a BAR available ! Free shuttle service to/from airport also.

I called last night and was told that if we can book 4+ rooms we could get a discount. Rooms for that weekend are:

KNG W SOFA BED NONSMOKE / KNG W SOFA BED SMOKING $79.00

2 DBL BEDS SMOKING/2 DBL BEDS NONSMOKE $100

These rates are NOT with the discount applied. The reason that I am starting a thread so early is so that I can get an idea of how many rooms we may need and block them for a discount.

There are a few of us that will be spending Friday, Saturday and Sunday night there. Anyone else interested?

Here is the link to the hotel info....... http://reservations.lodging.com/servlet/PropertyInformation/HI_GRBDT/ovtr#amenities

Edited by - scootergirl on 8 January 2003 10:22:29

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

Ooooo...finally one I can go to! My girlfriend and I would love to go. I'm not sure whether we would stay one or two nights, however...but count us in for sure, for at least one night!

Asortafairytale

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

YEHAW........I just got off the phone with a VERY helpful and kind woman. Here is our rates......... (remember, the rooms w/kingsize beds in them also have a sofa sleeper)

2 night weekend package for $169.00 which includes

• dinner for 2 for 2 nights
    • sunday brunch
    • 2 nights stay in anyroom (king or double)

3 night weekend package for $199.00

• dinner for 2 for 2 nights
    • sunday brunch
    • 3 night stay in anyroom (king or double)

OR 82.00 for one night stay in anyroom (king or double)

She gave me her direct line and said that I can go thru her to block the rooms at these rates. I can reserve them on my cc and the rooms and not be charged.

So far it looks like me, eyegirl, randomtask & scarlet, joannadandy, (hopefully) NotInterested and Hannibal are definates.......and now asortafairytale and guest.........anyone else?

What I need to know is tenatively how many nights and what kind of room people are looking for so that I can block them.

Edited by - scootergirl on 8 January 2003 11:5:4

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Count me in for 3 days. If anyone lives near Mall of America after the Fest I am going to head down there for a couple days, I can't be so close and miss out on going to the best mall :)!!!

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Please keep us posted on the particulars, dates, location, etc. If I can I'd like to try and come...

Thanks!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

only a 7 hour drive for me - sounds like fun! When would we have to let you know by?

• blondie
    blondie

I will discuss this with my hubby. We should have faded away by then.

Blondie

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Good luck Blondie.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Blondie, We will miss your comments on the Watchtower .But I guess a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Petty.......all I need to know is who might be going and which nights they might be staying....to get an idea of how many rooms ( and which kind of rooms) to block.

After I block the rooms, I will post the direct number to this woman who is arranging this at the hotel and peeps can make their own reservations.

Edited by - scootergirl on 8 January 2003 16:39:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit