Has the Great Witness Trolley/Cart campaign produced ANY results?

by freddo 22 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

I live between two cities that are big enough to have their own metropolitan trolley cart arrangements organised at circuit level.

The 3 congregations at the hall I attend have trolley schedule noticeboards. I see trolleys in the high streets and markets locally.

Yet I've not seen one "bum on a seat" or bible study since this work has been going on.

Have you?

(I suspect all this "direct 'em to jaydubya-dot-org" is actually counterproductive - if you get to jaydubya past other anti-jw websites why would it impel you to have a study or go to meetings?)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I can't comment on your point but I would like to relay what I seen today on my facebook page. I am wondering if anyone else seen this picture. My ex posted a sick picture of a JW sister in the Philippians that is in a wheel chair and has no arms or legs with the caption, "What challenges have YOU overcome to regular pioneer? This regular pioneer named Cynthia from the Philippines is an encouraging example to all! " I guess they are now trying to use the feeling sorry for me campaign to get converts.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

The wife took a picture yesterday of two sisters with their cart. The problem is

the location. There is NO walking traffic and one of the sisters didn't look in

good health, she looked to weigh between 300-400 pounds. She was soaking wet.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I think in the not-too-distant future, we are all going to look back on changes such as the trolley witnessing within the Org and say, "Ahh, so that is what their real plan was!"

Like any major corporation, the Org's real power-brokers will have set in operation their medium to long - term business plan.

Consolidation & streamlining are the order of the day within Brooklyn - and I reckon that unproductive sheep will figure prominently in the equation.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I was told by a friend of mine on the other side of our city, that he regularly sees witnesses in that area sitting with the cart at the side of a fitness walking path near a sports oval.

There is LITERALLY only 2or 3 people that pass them all morning!

• username
    username

When I was still in the troly dollies were still new (ish). The report from the visiting CO was in one day alone 21000 books were published in Greater London..Apparently (get this) London JWs on that day had published more books than the whole of America!

Me being the indoctrinated fully in believed this and was sooooooo proud to be in the one true (cough...bullshit) religion. Now I'm fully out (yay) I kinda look at this proclamation the way I do with just about everything this cult proclaim. It usually starts with a rather rude four letter word and ends with eyes being rolled!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I have yet to see these carts in real life. Maybe they need to stand outside:

a) A major grocery store

b) Nursing homes

c) Shopping Malls

d) Gas stations

e) Restaurants (preferrably sushi)

f) A major hardware store

g) Wal-Mart

h) Tim Horton's

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm in a metropolitan area and see them from time to time. They're usually chatting with each other, not bothered by any "interested persons".

I assume they believe they are giving a "mute witness", like rocks NOT crying out. Or maybe they think they are somehow relevant by being there with a trolley. Looks like an easy way to count some time. For a supposedly "life-saving message" with "end coming soon" urgency, it all looks very boring and lazy.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    Have seen a fair number around Manchester, UK. Have yet to see anyone stop to talk with them other than myself. People just aren't interested in stopping for loony toons carts outside a train station, tram stop, bus stop, let alone those parked on the corners of busy pedestrian zones, nor does anyone seem to really want to take one of the soggy Watchtowers being limply held out. Sending people who are intrigued enough to stop online to check out Jehovah's Witnesses really isn't the cleverest idea, but I like that they do so long may they keep on doing it.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I don't know if this is the case in other parts of the country, but in southern

California occasionally we have folks who set up tables for some bill to pass,

so they need signatures. They usual set up in front of banks, supermarket and Wal-Mart.

This create stiff competition for the JW Carts. Just a waste of time. Advertise, advertise

his name, give me a break. Most people think who in the hell is this Jehovah, he's not

in my Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit