What Excuses Did You Make For Being A Lousy JW?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The most innovative excuse that I heard for being a lousy JW was this one: "Because the elders wouldn't let my daughter get married in a Kingdom Hall that we used to attend 10 years ago, we're not going to meetings anymore."......Then, everytime they heard this elder's son did something that was supposed to be wrong, they would say,"HE was the reason my daughter wasn't allowed to get married in the Kingdom Hall and now look at his son! Unless that elder gets removed, I'm not going to another meeting." Not long after that, the elder resigned and actually posts here now. Meanwhile, they still don't go to meetings and they still complain about everybody.

• Matty
    Matty

I know plenty of people that have stopped going to the meetings because of some fracas with another member of the congregation, but still consider the Jehovah's Witnesses as the one true religion. I feel very sad for them as they have no support anywhere - they are shunned by their "brothers and sisters" but equally shun ex-witnesses themselves.

• minimus
    minimus

An elder friend of mine came by my work to say hi and said, "I hope that you're not letting people get to you in the truth." They just don't get that people are people and we all know what to expect but lies are lies. Why want to believe in a lie???...........But they just can't see it.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi
    Now other witnesses asked why I'm not attending a few time. One of my answers was Are you sure you want to know? My reasons may stumble you. No one ever asked me my reasons after that

LB nice one!

• minimus
    minimus

If you ask that question now, most elders would pry until they got what they were looking for!

• mouthy
    mouthy

What do you mean???Lousy Witness!!!! I was a very good JW -made 10 people a JW.. Pressed em all into service..Oh Now I get it.That is why Jehovah is P..........ed off with me....Trouble was I thought i was getting "points" for my multitude of sins... Walks away depressed now!!! I am so sorry GOD - I was a "wolf in sheeps clothing" Please let them all( the ones living) know it was a pack of lies!!!!!!! I will wear sackcloth & ashes for the rest of my days...

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy, did you ever talk to those you "helped" come into the "truth" to let they know what you know now??

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

to my shame: that I am too tired, too busy with my work.

In stead of, just don't want to go.

But one of the brothers makes an exellent wine - and he only selling this wine to brothers and/or sisters.
    And in the future I want to be able to buy more wine, so I have to be a "sister" until I have enough bottles in stock.....

No kidding, I am just avoiding to be df'ed.
    This way I can just talk to anybody I want to.

• minimus
    minimus

Country Woman, That sucks. Doesn't it???

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My reasons were usually having a lot of homework. Homework was a good tool to get out of the weekly meetings.

"We missed you at the meeting on Thursday!" Fvvv I hated that line. They missed me at the meeting, but they don't miss me since I stopped attending. Thinking back now, I should have come up with the excuse "I'm allergic to polyester". I wonder what their reaction would be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit