Muhammed Ali ~vs~ Cassius Clay ????

by LDH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Did you know Cassius Clay (better known as Muhammed Ali) was named after a WHITE reformist and abolitionist?

Lisa

Food for thought Class

• D8TA
    D8TA

I still say Cassius Clay could kick Muhammed Ali's butt.

No! Wait...!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I get youngsters with that line all the time..." Yessir, Ali was good, but not as good as Casius Clay, Casius Clay'd kick Muhammed Ali's butt in the boxing ring, yessir!"

• COMF
    COMF
    that Muhammed Ali and his father were named after

I think it's more likely that the father was named after the white reformist, and Ali was named after the father.

• LDH
    LDH

COMF,

your statement strikes me as semantic, unless I'm missing something?!?!?!

Lisa

• COMF
    COMF

Okay...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

A friend of mine was the camera man on the movie "Ali". When he first met Ali, Gary told him what a big fan he was, and introduced himself, Gary Jay. Ali, ever the rhymester, came back with, "good t' meetcha, Gary Jay, I'm Casius Clay", with that humor in his eyes and voice that is so unique to Ali.

Edited by - SixofNine on 7 January 2003 23:58:12

• Valis
    Valis

Is this fight before or after they have Parkinson's? At least after they both got the disease from beating their heads in we wouldn't have to listen to them talk shit about inflicting violence upon another person....especially for money...He once met the Beatles and said he wouldn't have anything to do with "a bunch of faggots"...He then posed for the following pic w/them ...but John Lennon got the better of him...As they were parting ways Ali used one of his fave lines and said "You guys aint as dumb as you look.." and John replied "No, but you are...." BTW...aiding your daughter to carry on w/ a boxing career is about as bad as giving your child a home labotomy kit...hopefully his progeny will suck at boxing and quit before she too is braindead and unable to be a role model to anyone other than the assisted suicide crowd.

Muhammed Ali with the Beatles 1964

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bigboi
    bigboi

Mama name him Clay. Imma call him Clay!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I did not know that Lisa...always room in my 'top paddock' for some trivia

~Beck~

ps...I must say I prefer the name Clasius...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit