Probing Questions

by Farkel 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Craig,

: Heck, I even trust YOU! What does that say about my sanity?

It means you are incurably insane, my friend!

Farkel

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

We ex-Dubs maybe go overboard with our trust of people.

Farkel,

I think that closer to the truth is, "Now that we aren't with the wt, we are starting to trust people"

So then, if you suspect that you may be engaging someone from the wt, you'll need to become hardassed, suspicious, defensive and wary - all over again.

It's not overboard to be normal, but 'different' people like the wt induce 'different' modes of engagement.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 6 January 2003 2:15:21

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

<<<<<found onacruses cure:

Katie (of the hopelessly sane class)

• Farkel
    Farkel

paduan,

: I think that closer to the truth is, "Now that we aren't with the wt, we are starting to trust people"

: So then, if you suspect that you may be engaging someone from the wt, you'll need to become hardassed, suspicious, defensive and wary - all over again.

: It's not overboard to be normal, but 'different' people like the wt induce 'different' modes of engagement.

You just made my own argument. You just expressed it differently.

The bottom line is I said was "be cautious." Your bottom line is, "be cautious." We expressed ourselves differently, that's all.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 6 January 2003 2:51:11

• Monster
    Monster

I admit I did do a couple of polls, I don't think the questions I asked would hurt anyone but you never know. I will be more careful of what questions I ask others in the furture. You make a good point about some I don't trust the internet a whole lot therefore, I don't put out personal information about myself and if I want to know personal information (like names,addresses etc) about others I would ask in a private e-mail letter. I would hate to think someone was hurt over my questonings.

Another good point you make is saying you believe they are watching, I don't think that's being paranoid because I was a lurker for a while before I came on and I see others are making their selves known now too, I am sure the wts is lurking also.

Peace James

• SYN
    SYN

I'd hate to be the Bethelite Underling (TM) that has to trawl through this site and the other XJW sites every day, looking for new info. Imagine how difficult that must be. Guess they have a high turn-over in that position!

Besides, we all know that Ted Jaracz is an accomplished web surfer. Hell, he could probably cook up some killer scripts back in his day!

But, caution is recommend. This is an open site, after all. Big Brother is watching!

• minimus
    minimus

1st of all, Thanks Farkel for not making this post about me. I know from one of my "questions" some time ago, that the Society has people that read these boards. I hope that if they read which CO sucked, that they know how the masses feel. I think that they do use some info from people here, especially when everything was being telegraphed about the UN and specific child abuse issues. Some things can really give them a head's up. But I agree that there's ALWAYS reasons to express some caution so as yo not help the Society with different tactics. Some ideas from differnt posters have been so good that if a Society person is reading this, for sure, they'd get some good ideas. But most questions, imo, are OK. But we should watch each other's backs.

• metatron
    metatron

Farkel is telling the truth, listen to him. He's not just being paranoid. They do , indeed, monitor - and react to things

revealed on this board. I'll provide a future post that briefly provides proof.

metatron

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

So, let me understand.....

Telling everyone about my hemorrhoids, my inablilty to reach orgasm and my inability to pay my bills is something I should be careful of?

I thought you were all interested...I thought you could help!

I guess I will go to WebMD...

• SYN
    SYN

Don't worry Minimus, I'm watching your back! It's small, red, and round!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit