Witnesses at my door

by Kep 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Kep
    Kep

Just thought I would share my Saturday morning experience.

My partner and I were sitting on the porch having our morning ciggie when we saw a car up our street. It was them.

9.30am, their 1st door, the dude and his Mrs are strolling up my drive and he yells a gidday as he approaches. I then said to him that this house should be recorded as a do not call on your map. He stutters that he thinks it is, I then told him that I an an ex elder, now apostate and for him to ensure that Murray (their Service Overseer) has it recorded that I am a DNC.

Apparently he stood there and wasn't sure what to say, my partner said he looked quite nervous and unsure of what to do, anyways, he turned on his heels and promptly walked out the gate and down the next drive way.

As they were coming back up the other drive, my partner told me how this guy looked, I laughed and told her it is like the Matrix, when you say apostate, they run, just they do in the movie from an agent. I said this loud enough for them to hear me and furthered my words by saying that they are sh*t scared of apostates.

On the other side of the drive way is my neighbour who is also exJW, he too gave this guy the short sharp shove. Around the corner another exJW has moved in and he also told them to put his place down as a DNC.

I thoroughly enjoyed my smoke that morning. Later that night we all gathered up the road and talked about our visits.

Kep

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Kep & Partner,

I'm so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o darn PROUD of you!!!

Well done! I hope I'm that gutsy when it's my turn to git called on!

ESTEE

• Scully
    Scully

Kep, that was marvelous!! Well done!

Love, Scully

• Mackin
    Mackin

Hey there Kep, Happy New Year!!!

Sound's like you've got quite a little apostate community going there. I would love them to call on me, but alas, they don't seem to come near my street.

Mackin.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Kep,

If your goal was to strengthen and reinforce their beliefs in themselves as God's chosen and the rest of the world as being Satan's, then you did a swell job. Congratulations.

However, in my opinion you wasted a grand opportunity to plant a few seeds of brotherly enlightenment.

JamesT

• Kep
    Kep

Hey thanks for that guys.

Mackin, good to hear from you buddy.

Yep, in our discussion over a bbq and beers and bourbon, we had thought about renaming the road to Apostate Avenue, or maybe having signposts at our gates with "Apostate No.1", "Apostate No.2" and "Apostate No.3" so that they will get the message.

My mates were in fits of laughter as well talked about our quick visits.

One guy had told the Joho to write his place down as a DNC as they had just moved in there, they Joho asks him if they have DNC's, then he said he was a pioneer and is now df.

After telling them my response to the word Apostate they will be sure to use it next time.

Kep

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

"B R A V O"

Love Orangefatcat

Edited by - orangefatcat on 5 January 2003 20:57:12

• Quotes
    Quotes

JamesT said:

If your goal was to strengthen and reinforce their beliefs in themselves as God's chosen and the rest of the world as being Satan's, then you did a swell job. Congratulations.

However, in my opinion you wasted a grand opportunity to plant a few seeds of brotherly enlightenment.

I would have to agree with this sentiment. (Sorry Kep! ) The way I look at it: that could have been my mother (a victim of this cult) and you did not take advantage of the opportunity to rescue my victimized mother. I am speaking hpothetically here, my mother has never been to NZ. Not trying to provoke a fight here, just taking the contrarian position.

• Kep
    Kep

True, I could have used an opportunity to try and help them see the truth. But I didn't know these people, so they don't matter to me.

If however, it was my dearest friend, the one I mentioned in a previous post, then I did make use of the opportunity to speak and reason with him, planting seeds that I hope will grow.

As we know the majority of JWs run for the hills when an Apostate is mentioned. I felt no pity for these people or even a desire to enlighten them.

My JW family get a thorough Apostate witness because they matter to me. If I can free them then perhaps I would be inclined to free others.

I called my inactive brother the other day and he is free, he is enjoying a REAL life where he has control, not them. If they df him he doesn't care because they have no power over him, I was overjoyed at hearing that.

Kep

• LB
    LB

Kep I'm with you. Honestly I don't feel like bugging people that are happy with their lives. But if a JW wants to discuss issues, then they'd better be ready to listen.

I've had urges to put up a large sign outside my gate. Large enough that people driving by can notice. But then again I really don't want to come off looking real bitter. So I just try to display the happy side of life whenever I can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit