Pathetic Circuit Assembly Experiences

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Hey Minimus,

The same experience was related at the assembly I just attended. But the brother put a different spin on the story. He stopped the story at the part where the brother said let Jehovah take care of it. Then the brother said Jehovah took care of it. Took a long pause and said if you want to know how see me after the meeting. Even he knew that would not be cool to tell the rest of the story.

Diamond

• freedom96
    freedom96

I had given an "experience" at the assembly, and I thought what was strange is that they had me go to several of the circuit assemblies, even those I did not attend. I guess that the experiences to be shared were very limited.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

they had me go to several of the circuit assemblies

They have to keep recycling the same one's from other assemblies. It is very sad that they could not find one good experience among the several thousand in attendance.

Sometimes silence speaks volumes.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Well.. he created us in his image, so we must have an incredible amount of logical ability. Reading these experiences, just who is logical? I haven't seen a one. <searches high and low> In fact, besides proverbs, I haven't seen a whole lot of logic in any of the Bible. Just my own questions these days. I was talkin to my husband the other day about being a Christian. I said, the more I read, the less I believe in the Bible. You know his response? Well, come Judgment Day I'd rather believe in him than NOT believe in him. Hmm... Logical for HIM perhaps.. but if you are not believing in a God... who's gonna care.. really.. in the end?

CG

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Well, come Judgment Day I'd rather believe in him than NOT believe in him.

Yeah, but what he doesn't realize is that he is setting himself up to pissoff Zeus!

• minimus
    minimus

Some years ago, I had the first part of the day, the Morning Text. I had to get a family for a demo that read their texts faithfully each day together. NOT ONE person qualified for the part. So I asked an elder and his family that always used to complain about not recieving assembly parts if they wanted to be on the program. Of course, they jumped at the opportunity! For the next 5 weeks they faithfully read their texts as a family! Then they proudly set a wonderful example for all to see. Any that might have felt guilty over their not reading the text on a regular basis never knew that no one else does either. BTW.....I never read those things.

• Roski
    Roski

Not long after the 9/11 bombings, I was told by a witness about this experience that had been given at an Assembly Day.

A sister in London picked up a wallet that had been dropped by a man (of Middle Eastern appearance). It contained a lot of money, but she handed it back to him. He was impressed and told her (in confdence) not to be in London on such-and -such a date. The DO (Ray Cowling-as reported) said the Bro and Sis shouldn't place too much importance on this, but he was telling them anyway. The date has been and gone.

Just before this last christmas my neighbour told me the same story, but with London changed to the Gold Coast. Same man, same wallet, etc. Christmas came and went.

I now wonder how many urban myths I listened to and repeated simply because they came from a supposedly reputable individual, and from 'the platform'.

(apologies if the DO is incorrect, thats the name I was given).

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

At the last circuit assembly I attended, a "sister" related an experience of a very eager return visit she had. He was a young man who read the literature faster than she could peddle it and asked loads of questions all the time. She said as soon as he stopped asking questions she was going to sit him down for a "proper bible study". People laughed. I wanted to scream.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Then there is the tale of the evil murderer who happened to be called upon by two Jehovahs witness women. He was just about to kill them when "something" stopped him. Later the police arrested him.....then when he was asked why he didn't kill them he said something like "oh well I saw that really big man approaching from behind them"....so the JWs told this story as though it was an angel.... what total bullsh*t!

I couldn't get over the story in a recent watchtower about the demon possessed computer game! Did you see that? A woman was having horrible nightmares which stopped when she threw out the game! LOL

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit