Pathetic Circuit Assembly Experiences

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

you know minimus, you break me up, you come to this discussion board and ask questions about what a person would or wouldn't do and you go to the meetings assemblies, blah blah blah. What is it that you are trying to do? Become an apostate, become a sh*t disturber? You realize you are associating with disfellowshipped and disassociated ones.. Of course you must be a spy thats it. A spy. I have been trying for sometime to figure out you agenda. What is it??

I remember going to assemblies and having parts on the program and you know how much of that stuff is exaggerated it's unbelieveabe. Experiences are made to be as if the person is ready to be baptized at that convention. I have even heard experiences given where I knew the circumstances and half of it was bull sh*t.

Give me a break the Society is a recruitment organization. Get your quota or else your not considered a strong mature Christian.

I can't believe I believed this for 38 years oh where oh where was my brain.

Love the Cat.

Edited by - orangefatcat on 5 January 2003 21:35:44

• minimus
    minimus

Orange, I understand your thinking. as I've expressed before, I've got family and a couple of friends that are still Witnesses. My wife has been actively reading COC and she is seeing things in a very different light. I do not go to most meetings. I haven't been to an assembly in about a year. I didn't go to the District Convention this past summer. I am trying to slowly fade. It's not been a year since I was an elder......... I ask questions for various reasons.First, I believe that many of the questions that I ask are questions that others have thought of. That's why many are replied to. Also, I believe that these questions are able to assist lurkers as well as others. I am no spy. If I thought that my presence was not at all helpful here, I would not want to contribute, plus I love "apostates". So my "agenda" is rather simple. I truly enjoy this place.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Okay I believe ya.

Love Orangefatcat

• minimus
    minimus

We had a family in our congregation that was being interviewed from an elder in a different Hall at the Circuit Assembly. This family were the worst trouble makers. They had family problems. They complained about everything. They wanted to leave our Hall because of personality problems.They also happened to study with the Presiding Overseer. So lo and behold, they're up on the platform telling everybody how much they love each other, the brothers and "the truth". By the time they were done, I was beginning to believe them! The circuit clapped and clapped, everyone except those in our congregation. Less than a year later, they left our Hall to find Nirvana elsewhere.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

[ Looking around ]

They're not here.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

At an assembly in Puerto Rico, the speaker was talking about experiances that he had as a missionary. He kept reffering to the natives of Japan as Gooks and went on to talk about how they would always try to "jew" him down on prices as the shop he had.

He also gave the final talk of the assembly later that day. He went the whole way through without saying anything to shock us until he started talking about what Angels look like. He said that they dont look like little green martians with antennas, as he says this he puts his fingers above his head imitating antennas. That was the best assembly I have ever been to.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I somehow managed to post the same thing twice, I apologize.

Edited by - pr_capone on 6 January 2003 1:36:19

• minimus
    minimus

Hey Capone, See if you can find out who this speaker was. Maybe we can get him to give a public talk.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Here's another experience that the D O related. A group was doing street witnessing. One sister, known for her immodest style, went on one particular corner. All of a sudden, a prostitute comes out and tells the sister to get off her corner and go to another one. She called her a "hoochie-mama". The point? Don't let the world confuse us with them

Yeah. Right. Cause, you know, you see hookers on street corners all the time holding up Watchtowers and Awakes and trying to give them to passersby, right? Just because the girl was dressed "worldly" it was assumed she was a prostitute even though she was engaging in street witnessing?

Sounds like another phony made up assembly experience to me...

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Eventually, you'll never guess what happened. He died

Soooo...Jehovah sat and watched while the Nazis killed JWs but then He took out this guy who just disrupted the meetings? Wow, I guess He's serious about those meetings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit