i made my sister cry :(

by BlackWolf 21 Replies latest jw friends

• naazira
    naazira
    If you're living with your family, are you ready to deal with the repercussions of no longer being a witness? No family, friends, house, food, etc? If not then, tell your sister that you just became scared and that you will do more personal studies- again tell her not to tell your parents, friends AND ELDERS. If you do not do damage control she WILL seek "help" for you!!! Your spiritual life is in danger so out of love she will think she is helping you by speaking to an elder. Suck up to her quick, fast and in a hurry asap! Talk about what the 2 of you will do in paradise, keep her emotions warm and tingly.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

My ongoing post:

All Dubs have been infected with a potent virus that controls their thinking.

A handful can be cured. Most adults do not want to be cured.

If you watch Walking Dead, it's painfully synonymous.

You wish your loved ones were not infected, but letting them bite you won't benefit anyone.

https://freedomofmind.com//Info/BITE/bitemodel.php

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/helping-someone-leave.php

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Yep, say you were thinking too extremely that day, and you really need to do more personal study, but do say you think it's wise to keep one's mind open (and this may help your sister keep her mind open too).
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think you need to back pedal a bit. Just tell your sister you are stressed out and was just talking things through, you didn't mean to upset her, and you hope she will understand that you aren't sure of anything right now.

You need to keep things to yourself until you are completely ready the speak your truth. You will know when the time is right. Confide in a non JW friend, or vent here on JWN.

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    Thank you all for the advice. I realize now that my sister is probably not mature enough to handle this yet ( she just turned 14) but id hate more than anything to see her waste her entire life for something so stupid.
  • millie210
    millie210
    BlackWolf
    Thank you all for the advice. I realize now that my sister is probably not mature enough to handle this yet ( she just turned 14) but id hate more than anything to see her waste her entire life for something so stupid

Well that is certainly an understandable and loving viewpoint that you have.

There is a really good old saying that talks about "what you are doing speaks louder than what you are saying."

If your sister sees you slowly but surely build a nice life independent of the JWs she will be much more likely to explore her own doubts in the future.

An added benefit is that you will then be in a position to help her in whatever practical ways she needs.

All the best to you BlackWolf!

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Yep. I have to agree with Village Idiot. Stay well down below the radar for some time, until you have the means to live independently.

Family in WT land is not the same as family in normal worldlyland.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant
    Dear Black Wolf.....be very creful....you sister is very young......don't tell her all TTAT at once.........just go easy.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Also, your first priority should be to calm her down. She is programmed to give you out. The slightest feeling of guilt and she will.
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Something I learned is that people cant be awaken by someone else. They have to study and make sure for themselves.

You cant tell her TTATT and expect her to wake up, you can only hint, guide, awake her curiosity and hope that she decides to look into it.

It is like the saying: "You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit