i made my sister cry :(

by BlackWolf 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf

So lately I've felt so frustrated and overwhelmed that I had to tell someone how I felt. My parents were gone so I decided to talk to my sister. We've always been close so I thought I could trust her because we have talked about it before. I calmly told her that I didn't think I wanted to be a jw anymore and she started freaking out and crying. I tried to reason with her but she wouldn't listen. She said that she had always hoped that we could be in paradise together. I feel so guilty now. I should've never brought it up. She looked so scared. At least she agreed not to tell our parents. What should I do?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Lay cool and pretend you never had that conversation with her. She sounds as if she would tell your parents under the slightest provocation. Don't bring up anything to anyone in your family until you're ready to move out on your own.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Tell her it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that you have to be a jw to get it to the Kingdom of god that's just propaganda that all churches use to try to keep their members.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Show her why you feel the way you feel.....show her TTATT☺
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Folks, someone as hysterical as her sister cannot be reasoned with. It's best for BlackWolf to withdraw from that situation and wait for a time in which she's in a stronger position as respects to her situation at home. She's still living with her family.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    My friend you didn't make her cry the cult did. But you may need to do a little damage control now that you know her feelings. Maybe tell her you overstated it and you just want to be sure you are really making the truth your own or some bullshit then strategically try to work on her. Because you've found her cd tolerance now and crossed it. Fmf
  • Ding
    Ding

Given that reaction, I recommend backing off.

Talk with us instead.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think the explanation I suggested is the best way to deflate the situation. It allows him away out shows some ttatt but also shows her a reasonable reason not to be so upset.
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    I agree with village idiot
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Definitely what Village Idiot said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit