Anyone here into Swing Dancing/Music?

by pr_capone 23 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I was wondering how many others are on this board that enjoy Swing Dancing and the music? I have been doing it myself for over 8 years now and love it. I mostly do East Coast and Lindy. I would love to know if there are any other Hep Cats on the forum.

Eric

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Not a hep cat myself, but noticed they have been asking for tapes of swing dancers to be sent in to audition for SWING! at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts here in West Palm..if yer good you get to be on it I guess, and get tickets. :)

• Robdar
    Robdar

PR,

I love swing dancing and used to be quite good several years ago before it became popular. I am starting classes again in late January. Should be lots of fun. Now, if I can only find a partner to go to competitions with.

Robyn

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

My partner and I have not yet gone to any competitions but we will be probably this summer in Dallas. I hope an impromptu Apostfest I hope will take place.

• Robdar
    Robdar

PR,

The Dallas competition should be fun. Have you been to other competitions? My instructor says that I should be able to find a partner rather quickly. I would like to do a little competing too. Let me know how the competition goes.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Nothing big, just local ones. Won a few CD's for best dancers and best dressed (I own 3 zoot suits, 1 fedora, and 2 other hats which are MUCH larger) a few times. Nothing grand. Check out this link. http://www.wichitasds.org/

Go to the gallery and look under Benders 2002. I am the first picture on the 2nd row. The guy on the right. I am also there with my dance partner/ex gf on the 2nd pic on the third row. I am holding her upside down over my shoulder.

*EDIT* The thumbnails arent working right... I sent them an email to correct it.

Edited by - pr_capone on 5 January 2003 9:35:19

• Robdar
    Robdar

Excellent! I love the hat.

Robyn

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I am a ballroom dancer. . . 4 years

East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Jive for the swing dances. . . I figure Lindy is a faster version of the West Coast Swing

Latin Dances: Rumba, Cha Cha, Samba, Mambo,

Smooth: Slow Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Quick Step, Fox Trot, Tango

Favorite: Did a Tango Showcase in front of a thousand or so people at our ballroom dance club.

LOVE to dance!!!

ESTEE

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Ahhhh...I would love to learn to do those dances...how very cool...love the styles also!

• abbagail
    abbagail

Ballroom dancing is what got me booted from the borg many moons ago. (Well, I should say my dance partner at the time is what got me booted out...)

Loved the music, the clothes, etc. Samba was my favorite, cha-cha, rhumba, and the waltz. Swing was loads of fun as well. We did exhibitions around town for about two years. It's great when you have a good partner. That's been almost ten years ago, so I've definitely lost my touch!

Great pics, pr-capone! I've got lots of pics but no scanner, so they still sit in a photo album.

Thanks for the thread and the memories! Too bad there aren't more xJWs in one place. We could get a dance group/lessons going.

Edited by - Grits on 5 January 2003 11:24:46

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit