Nothing Hurts Like This

by JT 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

JT... buddy...

Don't loose sight of the fact that many here, including myself, really LIKE you, and we enjoy reading yor words.

"LovesDubs" brought up the super-hero (Spiderman) analogy. remember that even Superman has his Fortress of Solitude, and there are times he needs to be alone there.

say "hi" to your Lois Lane for me...

Superman

I cant stand to fly
    Im not that naive
    Im just out to find
    The better part of me

Im more than a bird... Im more than a plane
    More than some pretty face beside a train
    Its not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
    Fall upon my knees
    Find a way to lie
    About a home Ill never see

It may sound absurd... but dont be naive
    Even Heroes have the right to bleed
    I may be disturbed... but wont you concede
    Even Heroes have the right to dream
    Its not easy to be me

Up, up and away... away from me
    Its all right... You can all sleep sound tonight
    Im not crazy...or anything...

I cant stand to fly
    Im not that naive
    Men werent meant to ride
    With clouds between their knees

Im only a man in a silly red sheet
    Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
    Only a man in a funny red sheet
    Looking for special things inside of me

Its not easy to be me.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Lisa,

You said ***So she reverts to the persecution complex....that old "Woe is me" that JWs are so wont to rely on. Can'T you feel her face burn as she realizes how foolish her position sounds? Then she will decide this is her special persecution. That you are a "dog who has returned to his own vomit?"***

How true. I remember so vividly the constant haranging, meeting after meeting, mag after mag, articles, talks, on the expected 'persecution'. The book 'Babylong The Greatest God's Kindumb Rules' painting the senario soon after the 'king of the north' (Russia) did it's number on the 'king of the south' (anglo-america), turning on jw's with severe persecution......ahhh then HARMaGeditOn vindicating jw's. Not to mention the tremendous glee we had as jw's to be alive then (pre-1975) to see the UN turn on the 'harlot' riding the back of the beast (UN) destroying all of Christendom and religion. We were eager for the persecution.

Of course that is 'old light' now, instead they are constantly pestered with similar warning's about 'the cooling off of the greater number', APOSTATES now the focus, instead of the 'wild beast with seven heads and ten horns'.....it's watch out for the nafrious former member's like JT who are so obviously EVIL and VILE enough to calculatingly go after poor little 'mindless' sheep like her. Assine position, but it is what they have been drilled to expect.

I think your comments to her, will carry more wieght than you may know.

Danny

Edited by - DannyBear on 5 January 2003 19:35:53

• Shakita
    Shakita

No great words of wisdom here, JT, just know that you will be missed if you leave.

Mrs. Shakita(who believes that what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger to fight another day)

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

JT, good fighters know how to take a punch. With respect..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit