Witness Wedding Gift

by LB 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Wow that is really pretty LB they will love that.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

You and your wife have great taste in gifts, LB! They will love that!

Richard

• Prisca
    Prisca

See, even apostates can give nice gifts!

It's a beautiful gift, and I hope it will prick their conscience when they remember that they univited you to their wedding.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Classy gift. Classy move too, giving a present to a JW who still shuns you.

• Mary
    Mary

LB, you're a much better Christian than me..........giving a beautiful gift like that to someone who doesn't even invite you to their wedding!!! It's gorgeous!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Since it has your name on it, I've got five bucks that say that it be conspicuously missing from their decor.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Beautiful thoughtful gift...

<of the knows how it sucks to be uninvited class>

• Shakita
    Shakita

Great Gift!

When my daughter was married last year, some JW's came to the reception, ate, drank, danced, and left without giving any sort of gift to the bride and groom. I know some people don't have alot of money, but come on, even a small gift would have been appreciated!

Mrs. Shakita

• LB
    LB

Well I hope they display the gift. While my name is on the tag it certainly isn't on the gift itself. I wrote her a private note and on the envelope it asks her to wait until after the honeymoon to read. In it I told her that I still love her as much as if she were my daughter and that I fully understand why I got uninvited and that I agree with her decision. I told her to never feel that I have an ounce of hard feelings about it. Then of course lots of old guy advice for putting up with husbands and stuff like that. We can be difficult to deal with. Or so I've been told.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

That is a beautiful gift and one I hope they treasure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit