JW Baptism

by UnDisfellowshipped 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

UnBaptized,

I did some research to find out what exactly the Watchtower Society teaches about the Holy Spirit, and I found the following Quotes (I hope they help):

The Watchtower, July 15th 1974 Issue, Page 423:

"So, then, not just a majority of Bible passages, but all the Scriptures are in agreement that God's spirit is, 'not someone,' but 'something.' A simple but careful reading of the Scriptures makes it clear that God's spirit is indeed his invisible active force.

"Holy Spirit - The Force Behind the New Coming Order" Book, 1976 Edition, Page 11:

"From God there goes forth an invisible active force by means of which he gets his will done. It is not a mere influence such as a man might exercise over others by his powerful personality. It is a force that is operative, and it issues forth from God who is holy, that is to say, absolutely clean and righteous. He sends it forth to accomplish what is holy. So it is correctly called "holy spirit." It is so spoken of in God's written Word. Jesus Christ himself recognized God as the Source of holy spirit.

In evidence of this, he said to human fathers of his day: 'If you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!'-Luke 11:13."

"You Can Live Forever in Paradise" Book, 1982 Edition, Page 40:

"As for the 'Holy Spirit,' the so-called third Person of the Trinity, we have already seen that this is not a person but God's active force."

"Reasoning From the Scriptures" Book, 1985 Edition, Page 381:

"The correct identification of the holy spirit must fit all the scriptures that refer to that spirit. With this viewpoint, it is logical to conclude that the holy spirit is the active force of God. It is not a person but is a powerful force that God causes to emanate from himself to accomplish his holy will.-Ps. 104:30; 2 Pet. 1:21; Acts 4:31."

"Knowledge That Leads to Everlasting Life" Book, 1995 Edition, Page 31:

"God's holy spirit is not a person. It is Jehovah's active force, used by the Almighty to accomplish his purposes."

I would like to ask a few questions about the Holy Spirit soon, if you don't mind.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

UnBaptized,

Here are a couple Subjects with Scriptures you might want to examine:

The Human Soul and the Human Spirit:

Matthew 10:28: Don't be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. Rather, fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.

1st Thessalonians 5:23: ...May your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12: For the Word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Genesis 35:18: It happened, as her soul was departing (for she died), that she named him Ben-oni, but his father named him Benjamin.

Acts 7:59: They stoned Stephen as he called out, saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!"

Revelation 6:9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the Word of God, and for the testimony of the Lamb which they had.

Revelation 20:4: ...I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the Word of God, and such as didn't worship the beast nor his image, and didn't receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived, and reigned with Christ for the thousand years.

Matthew 27:50: Jesus cried again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit