JW Baptism

by UnDisfellowshipped 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

UnDisfellowshipped I don't believe that Jesus would execute judgement for that one little thing. When John performed his baptism's did he say in the scriptures that he was baptizing in the name of the father, Son and Holy Spirit? Did the scriptures quote any apostles saying these words before or while being baptizing. The only person who made that command was Jesus. He basically was giving a example of what people will be representing when they get baptized. And another thing the bible does say that the Holy Spirit teaches us. The WTS is taught by Jehovah.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi unbaptized:

I think you should ask a witness if they believe that God and the Holy Spirit are one and the same.

I was a Witness for 38 years. I know what they do and don't believe.

Think about this: Since you haven't even grasped one of their most fundamental doctrines, what else is slipping past you?

Craig

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

UnDisfellowshipped I believe that they are the real deal, Because of the information that they have. Currently there aren't any other religion's in christianity I feel that can explain a lot of the mysteries of the Bible. Such as what happens at death. Other faiths teach that you will be a spirit without a body. But the bible teaches the complete opposite.

As far as hours are concern the bible also states that God is a God of order not disorder.

Undisfellowshipped i don't think that makes you an apostate. But you should really talk to one of your elders about how you feel. They had a VHS tape at the hall called "Doers of God's word" you should check that out.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

onacruse I think you need to check out this web page link. To my known understanding the Jehovah and the Holy Spirit are one. If that's not true then where does it come from? Who does it come from? That's like saying your hand isn't part of your bidy.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/ti/index.htm

• larc
    larc

Unbaptised, you say that the JWs believe that folks will be resurrected with a body. How about the 144,000? They are an exception, are they not? By the way, the 144.000 doctrine is a very tenuous one indeed. Regarding the holy spirit and Jehovah. There is a very distinct difference here. I am sure you are aware of that. They are not identical.

• onacruse
    onacruse

At the URL you gave, and end of the section entitled "The Holy Spirit-God's Active Force" (bold added):

No, the holy spirit is not a person and it is not part of a Trinity. The holy spirit is God's active force that he uses to accomplish his will. It is not equal to God but is always at his disposition and subordinate to him.

The holy spirit is not a person...Jehovah is a person...hence, the holy spirit cannot be Jehovah

The holy spirit is not equal to God...Jehovah is God...hence, the holy spirit cannot be Jehovah

unbaptized, I really would like to know what you think about this.

Craig

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

So then your hand isn't apart of your body? That's what your telling me! Just because it's his active force his power it's not apart of his being? C'mon

• onacruse
    onacruse

Just because it's his active force his power it's not apart of his being? C'mon

unbaptized, that's not what I'm telling you...that's what the Society is telling you. I no longer believe the Society's teaching on this.

Craig

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

onacruse I'll ask the gentleman I study with this weekend. Is there anything else that I should know?

• larc
    larc

Unbaptized, the quote that Onacruise gave you is exactly what I was taught as a Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit