JW Baptism

by UnDisfellowshipped 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

I wanted to thank you all for giving me the nice welcome. I really appreciate it!!!!

Anyway I'm on a course of being baptized and serving in the organization. As far as I know the bible does state that if a person who knows what is good and fell to do so it is considered to him a sin and could possibly be deemed the sin against the holy spirit. So I agree with their procedure in making sure that individual has made his personal dedication to Jehovah before getting baptized, instead of getting baptized and bringing reproach upon God's good name. I think that's a problem with a lot of other faiths. If I went to back to my previous faith I would probably be getting baptized this week. They wouldn't know anything about me or if I really am sincere in taking that step. As far as going out in the ministry, I would do it with the utmost joy. I really don't care about the hours aspect. The bible say's that if one wicked person change his course and start doing what is righteous all the heavens rejoice over that one wicked perosn changing. If I could help one person during my whole ministry that would be a blessing to me. I don't really care about how many hours a person has. Some may brag on their hours, but not me. All I want to do is serve with a complete heart. We must also note that the separation of the sheep and the goats is also happening in the oragnization. I will let Jehovah and his son Jesus handle that part.

• Robdar
    Robdar

When I was baptized they still baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. What year did they change it?

This is just more proof of what a diabolical religion they are. That and their black masses.

Robyn

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

TO UNDERSTAND PROPERLY WHY THE QUESTIONS WERE CHANGED IN 1985 PLEASE READ THIS LINK...VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THIS...

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/legal.htm

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

UnBaptized said:

We must also note that the separation of the sheep and the goats is also happening in the oragnization.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the Jehovah's Witnesses changed the "Sheep and Goats" Teaching in 1995.

I don't even know what that Teaching is anymore.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

This is happening in the world and the organization. People are being separated and could possibly not know it. Or they know it but they are putting up a front. You see we can fool other people and we can sometimes fool ourselves, But we cannot fool Jehovah who can read the heart. I'm still convince that the organization has the truth, But I never belived that everyone in the organization was truthful. A persons aim should be to serve Jehovah with a complete heart.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi again UnBaptized,

First of all, I just want to thank you for your comments.

I'm going to reply to your comments, and I'm going to ask you a few sincere questions.

I honestly want to know the answers to the questions I'm going to ask below. They definitely are not "trick-questions".

You said:

As far as I know the bible does state that if a person who knows what is good and fell to do so it is considered to him a sin and could possibly be deemed the sin against the holy spirit.

Yes, here's the Scripture:

James 4:17: To him therefore who knows to do good, and doesn't do it, to him it is sin.

However, I believe that if someone commits the sin against the Spirit, they will no longer be repentant and they will no longer have a desire to worship God.

So, as long as a person is repentant and wants to worship God, they have not committed the sin against the Spirit.

You said:

So I agree with their procedure in making sure that individual has made his personal dedication to Jehovah before getting baptized, instead of getting baptized and bringing reproach upon God's good name. I think that's a problem with a lot of other faiths. If I went to back to my previous faith I would probably be getting baptized this week. They wouldn't know anything about me or if I really am sincere in taking that step.

I am curious, what was your previous faith?

I have absolutely no problem with making sure someone believes in God the Father and Jesus Christ, and that they have repented of their sins before they are Baptized, however, can you show me a Scripture that gives support to the big list of questions that Jehovah's Witnesses must answer in order to be "qualified" to be Baptized?

Can you show me a Scripture that gives support to making Baptism Candidates wait until the next Jehovah's Witnesses Convention to get Baptized?

As far as I have seen, in the Bible, the only questions that were asked to people who were about to be Baptized was "Do you believe in Jesus Christ and His Sacrifice?" and "Have you Repented of your sins?".

Also, probably the most important issue is the fact that starting in the middle 1980's, the Jehovah's Witnesses stopped Baptizing people "in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit", and they started Baptizing people "in the name of the Father, and the name of the Son, and the name of spirit-directed Watchtower Organization".

Please explain the Biblical support for this change. The Apostle Paul wrote in the Bible that people should never Baptize "in the name of Paul". So if you aren't supposed to Baptize in the name of the Apostles, why is it okay to Baptize in the name of the Watchtower Organization?

Also, since Baptism is a symbol of dedicating your life -- it means you are dedicating your life to serving the Father, the Son, and the Watchtower Organization, no matter what the Watchtower Organization tells you to do.

And, if you disobey the Watchtower Organization on any of their Doctrines or Policies, you will be Disfellowshipped and Shunned.

As far as going out in the ministry, I would do it with the utmost joy. I really don't care about the hours aspect. The bible say's that if one wicked person change his course and start doing what is righteous all the heavens rejoice over that one wicked perosn changing. If I could help one person during my whole ministry that would be a blessing to me. I don't really care about how many hours a person has. Some may brag on their hours, but not me. All I want to do is serve with a complete heart.

That is very, very commendable.

You sound like a truly loving, caring, person who wants to serve God and Jesus and help others.

I have a question, where is the Biblical support for even keeping a record of how many hours you spend preaching?

A while back, a Circuit Overseer (CO) visited my Congregation, and on his Book Study Talk, he asked all the Children in the Congregation how many hours in service they had put in for the month. (there were about 10+ Children who were aged around 8-12 years old)

The different Children had different answers, ranging from 8 to 12 hours each.

Then, this Circuit Overseer started asking the Children why they didn't put in more hours each month.

The Circuit Overseer only cared about hours.

That really disgusted me, because the Overseer was picking on and harping at CHILDREN for not putting in more hours.

I have known several Elders whose main concern was having the Congregation Members put in more hours.

I am very happy that you are not concerned by how many hours you put in.

You said:

This is happening in the world and the organization. People are being separated and could possibly not know it. Or they know it but they are putting up a front. You see we can fool other people and we can sometimes fool ourselves, But we cannot fool Jehovah who can read the heart.

I agree with that statement.

You said:

I'm still convince that the organization has the truth, But I never belived that everyone in the organization was truthful.

I have a question for you, if you don't mind.

Would you mind posting what the Most-Important Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses are?

In other words, what are the main reasons why you believe that the Organization has the Truth?

You said:

A persons aim should be to serve Jehovah with a complete heart.

I agree 100%.

I have one more question for you, UnBaptized (I hope you don't mind me asking all these questions, but I sincerely do want to know the answers):

I completely believe in Jehovah God and Jesus Christ.

I love Jehovah God and Jesus Christ with all my heart, mind, and soul.

I try my best to love all people, and I don't hate anyone.

I pray to God everyday.

I do my very best to read the Bible everyday.

I do my best to follow the Commandments in the Bible.

I tell other people about our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

But, I do not believe in "the Faithful and Discreet Slave" (the Governing Body), and I do not follow their Rules and Regulations.

Am I an Apostate who is going to be destroyed at Armageddon by Jehovah?

According to several Watchtower Publications, I am an Apostate who is going to be destroyed.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

UnDisfellowshipped, I'm going to try and answer each question one at a time.

You said that (Also, probably the most important issue is the fact that starting in the middle 1980's, the Jehovah's Witnesses stopped Baptizing people "in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit", and they started Baptizing people "in the name of the Father, and the name of the Son, and the name of spirit-directed Watchtower Organization".)

I can't deny nor confirm that this is being done in the organization. But what they said makes since. They acknowledged the name of God first, this means that they recognize that Jehovah and the Holy spirit are one and the same. They acknowledged the name of the Christ, then they acknowledged the Organization. I don't see where they broke any laws. We all know that God and the Holy spirit are one and the same right! So separating them could cause people to believe that we support the trinitarian belief that God, Son and the Holy spirirt are one and the same.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

UnBaptized, you said:

So separating them could cause people to believe that we support the trinitarian belief that God, Son and the Holy spirirt are one and the same

Don't you find it odd that our King, Lord, and Savior Jesus Christ, when He gave the Commandment to Baptize people, He separated the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and yet, you say that the Watchtower Society is doing a good thing by not following Jesus Christ's Commandment because it looks like you support the Trinity.

I think you just showed that Jesus Christ supported the Trinity.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hi unbaptized! Glad to see you're so open to discussing these issues.

they recognize that Jehovah and the Holy spirit are one and the same.

Jehovah's Witnesses have absolutely never ever believed that. If that's what you believe, then you are certainly heading into the wrong religion.

As far as your dedication and baptism, I would ask: Can you show me even one place in the Bible where Christians are asked to promise their allegience to an organization?

Craig

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

onacruse I think you should ask a witness if they believe that God and the Holy Spirit are one and the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit