Did a stranger baptize you?

by JH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I actually do know who baptized me. His daughter is now DF'd for living with a guy (who is in the military no less) before they were married. funny though... he never did get removed though his daughter was still living with him when she was reproved 3 times before that.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

It was soooo long ago (in 1958); I was only 14. Don't rightly know who did me the "honor."

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I didn't know who baptized me as a JW, I was only 8 at the time. That was back in 1955 and we didn't have to answer 80-200 questions then. However, Bishop John Thompson baptized me as an Episcopalian. You would think that in the JWs that the circuit or district overseer would do the honors of dunking all those new JWs.

Athanasius

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Shouldn't it have been the person who gave you your bible study, that should have baptized you?

I think so. In my case, I studied with an elderly sister and when my parents got baptized the elders made her stop studying with me, so there was no way they would let her baptize me. She was the kindest person I've ever met in my life.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Heh Kitty OFC, I never knew that Brother Holder baptized you, small world HuH.

The puppy.

Well Kitty Cat this is what you wanted, I see Bro Holder when dipping you in the water, never left you there long enough. Kitties like to swim, but eventually they give up. Ha! Are you not glad now you asked me to edit this.

Edited by - bigfloppydog on 5 January 2003 18:57:44

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Actually my Uncle baptised me , and we even got my opposed Grampa to show up for the occasion......and I had to get my hair wet.........

Ven

• TR
    TR

Those baptisms are just an assembly line function. Henry Ford would have been proud. Heck, any Gomer could have slipped into line and got dunked. You'd have to be a Gomer to get 'tised as a 'hovah. LOL!

TR

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Who baptised me?..Good lord!,how am I supposed to know?..One of the WBTS drones obviously,LOL!...OUTLAW

• meadow77
    meadow77

I was baptised by my house church leader, a very good friend of mine, but then again I wasn't baptised a JW.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Sisters can't baptize, can they?

JH, if you were referring to my post ? About the sisters that studied with me being nowhere in sight?

I just meant that the sisters were not there to support me or witness the momentous occasion of my baptism. <gag>

I did not mean the sisters were supposed to baptize me! I KNEW enough jw rules by then to KNOW that was NOT done! Hehehe!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit