2003 Memorial date?

by comment 13 Replies latest jw friends

• comment
    comment

If anyone knows the date of the 2003 Memorial, could they please post it? Thanks!

comment

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Nisan 14

• dmouse
    dmouse

Wednesday, April 16th.

...after sundown

• blondie
    blondie

That's a Wednesday; I wonder if they will cancel the book study and the TMS/SM?

Blondie

• LDH
    LDH

Well I wanted to be a bitch last year so I partook of the emblems at home.

This year I'll be at the KingDumb Hall. You better damn well believe it. LOL. Partaking like a mofo. And, just to be rude, I will polish off the whole glass of wine.

Anybody in Fresno wanna go with me?

Lisa

• zanex
    zanex

ahhh once again the memorial falls within the same freakin week as my birthday..I had the distinct misfortune of actually SHARING a birthday with that "religious obervance" LOL dang those words crack me up...I have a shirt just for such an occasion it says.."gods busy...can I help you?" heh heh...

• zanex
    zanex

hey lis! are ya REALLY gonna go? I would consider making a cameo appearance at a random kingDUMB hall! LOL...first time in a kh since my grand exiting it would be...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Lisa,

Cheers babycakes, leave em a little backwash in the goblet, along with a few crumbs. Wish I could be there to see it.

Actually, if the Dubs do this on the 16th "after sundown" it will be the first time in eight years that they got it right. Passover doesn't begin on Nisan 14, it begins on Nisan 15, which occurs after sundown on April 16th this year. Somehow I suspect the JW's will be doing the memorial on Thursday the 17th AFTER SUNDOWN. Lets check.

Edited by - Yerusalyim on 2 January 2003 22:42:4

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

HOT DAMN I guess even a broken clock can be right twice a day. The Memorial is INDEED on Wednesday, 16 April "aftern sundown" which, for the first time in my association (puke) with the society that the date of the memorial actually corresponded with the Jewish Calendar. Nisan 15 the date for the actual "Pesach" begins after sundown on Wednesday the 16th. The Society has been one day off for at least eight years, wonder what changed?

• jws
    jws

Exodus 12:6 says that on the 14th day of the month, in the evening, the lambs are supposed to be slaughtered and the blood put on the doorposts, then the feast eaten. Verse 11 calls it the Lord's passover.

Assuming that when they refer to the 14th day of the month, in the evening, they are still talking about the 14th, then passover would be Nisan 14, wouldn't it? Doesn't the jewish day begin with sunset?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit