Some Light Chopin

by Farkel 33 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Bravo!!! More please! I love the panio.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Very nice playing, Farkel.!!

BTW, I second the motion for Liebestraum. Pretty please??

Pope

• JH
    JH

Farkel,

I could imagine you playing piano at the hall while singing praise to Jah.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

All I can say is WOW!!!!! You have an incredible talent. Wish you lived around me so I could hear you play in person. I love Scheherazade by Rimsky-Korsakov hint hint hint!! Please keep playing and posting what you play. It is wonderful.

Leslie

• Francois
    Francois

How 'bout "Poem" by Fibich? Beautiful tone poem.

Rhapsody in Blue?

Beethoven Triple Concerto, second movement. In fact, all the Beethoven piano concerti second movements.

You're good man, very good.

francois

• Farkel
    Farkel

Liebestraum (#3, the "Dream of Love") is next, folks. I should have it done and up by tomorrow. Thanks for all the encouragement.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I do believe Chopin was inspired by tail chasing. Not a cat's tail perhaps, but definently a tail!

That "tail" was "George Sand." She was a famous writer in her day, but because of the sexism then, had to use a man's name to get her stuff published. She smoked cigars and was considerably older than Frederick (as I recall.) He worshipped her, and she worshipped his talent.

Chopin died at the tender age of 39 of tuberculosis ("consumption"), and the Minute Waltz is but a piece of trivia in his vast writings of piano music. He is known as the "Poet of the Piano" and he deserves that title in spades. I will play some of his Preludes and then hopefully get the nerve to play his B-Flat Minor Scherzo, G Minor Ballade, E-Major Etude,
    C-Minor (Revolutionary) etude and maybe his F# Minor Polonaise. I'll play the A-Flat Polonaise just to show you that I can do it better than Liberace did in his last days when he ruined it to pimp for the old ladies in his Vegas audiences. (Liberace was an awesome pianist who whored-up that music to become popular and rich.) Those are "industrial strength" pieces by Chopin, and I'm terrified to play them in public. They are very difficult.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 1 January 2003 23:13:14

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"I'm terrified to play them in public"

and I'm terrified to play chopsticks in public.

You are gifted, Farkel.

• Farkel
    Farkel

joy,

: I always said I would be that good in the new system

One of the things that I've considered since I left the dubs 30 years ago is that eventually, EVERYONE will be as good on the piano as everyone else. This may take a whole bunch of years, but it is inevitable. Given that, there will be no poets, or writers or musicians to inspire others. Everyone will be as good as everyone else.

What a pathetic paradise that would be. Given enough time, everyone has mastered everything and no one has anything left to contribute to their fellow humans. They would all be just like everyone else.

Absolute mastery of things and absolute perfection in things sucks. Big time. Everyone becomes a clone of everyone else. All diversity is gone. There is no more reason to be different, because given enough time, everyone will be the best there is at everything and then everyone will be the same.

That sucks. The very humanity that makes us each special is therefore lost in the Watchtower vision of "Paradise."

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 1 January 2003 23:23:2

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Farkel, honey, why are you not playing professionally? Or are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit