How was your new years day spent??

by kelpie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

We rang in the New Year with Tammy's(my g/f) sister and her family. We played Trivial Pursuit "Passout" in teams. For every wrong answer the team leader took a shot. Tammy and I lost. She was hammered by 1:30, but she then wanted to go out. So, at 3:30, we finally left the bars, and almost home, had to pull over so Tammy could jump out and throw up.

I did witness some pretty good drama at one of the bars, though...

~adrienne~

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well Kelpie, Mrs Ozzie and I didn't experience your soaking, but we DID get wet! Mrs Ozzie had set her heart ona beachside picnic. We got everything ready, the nibbles, the basket, the bottles of shiraz from Prisca, and so on.

You prob'ly know what happened. It rained!! Too many people prayed for it, and we got it, eh!!

Oh, it was so good to see. There's something about rain on a verdant back yard, isn't there?

But what to do about the picnic?

We went! Boy, was that some drive down the mountains to the coast! Good job I had new tyres fitted, but even so, we sure slid around.

And when we got to the beach, our favourite, we found a shelter, and we had that picnic.

I think the shiraz certainly warmed us! Quite a nice drop of McGuigan's shiraz from Pokolbin in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales. Very nice. Thanks, Pris!

So sorry about the flooding in the house, Kelps. Hope you dry out soon.

Cheers, Ozzie

• kelpie
    kelpie

Wasnt the rain just wonderful!!!!

After I finished cleaing up the water, I grabed my book, laid on my bed listening to the rain and snuggling under my doona while my man played his organ (the electric kind).

Very lazey and very wonderful

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I was in bed by 12:15 on New Years night (I'm getting old I guess). I slept in until 8:40 AM. Got the family up and packed (we were at my brother's in Illinois). Then we went to Mass (Feast Day of Mary, Mother of God). Went to my folks house afterwards, said goodbye, and was on the road by 1:30 PM. Drove all day long and arrived back here in South Carolina at 1 AM. Slept until 8:40 again, still trying to unwind from the trip.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Kelpie,

Thats sucks, sorry to hear about pipe break! I spent new years day recovering with a major hangover.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

((((((Kelpie))))))

I spent most of the day looking out at the friendly skies. I saw the Golden Gate bridge (nopers, I've never been to the northwest before this), lots of pretty clouds, a very bright sun and mountains and land that looked like a huge green chenille bedspread all lumpy with big pills (trees) on it.

I went from freezing cold (Illinois) to summer warm (San Diego) in one day. Talk about being over dressed when I left the airport. I instantly broke out in a sweat. It was so much fun being with my sister and brother-in-law, but I loved getting home to my pussies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit