How Do YOU Help People Out Of The Watchtower?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR
    RR, Glad to see you! How's everything in the Bible Student world?

Everything is fine in the BIble Student World, how's life in apostateland?

I must ask you, why did you leave the Witnesses to join the "original"? Talking about the Bible, you couldn't possibly give help to a person to get out of the JW's while you try to uphold the false teachings of C.T. Russell, could you?

I left the Witnesses because I felt spiritually stagnant, and there were beliefs that I could not reconcile with scripture, as I read the older books, particularly those by C.T. Russell, his outline made more sense and filled in those voids and questions I had.
    I have always been fascinated by the early history of the Society and Russell. I am interested as to how you could promulgate the writings or thoughts of the first President of the Society. I've read quite a bit of your comments in the past about the Bible Students and I know that you are sincere. So what gives???

I don't have a problem with what Russell taught. :) I will admit that I don't accept everythinmg little thing he taught, and I have yet to meet a Bible Student who does. But he had a great outline, a plan and I have yet to find anything better, that harmonizes the scriptures from Genesis to Revelation. If you have, let me know :)

.......The Bible is a great answer but most people want to know how YOU would use the Bible correctly.

Well, since you believe Russell taught faslehoods, then it doesn't mater how I use the Bible to defend my view, you would just call it "Russellism" and dismiss it! So it's not a metter of how I use the Bible correctly, but how you view what I say.

Lord bless in the new year!

RR

• ISP
    ISP

Not easy.

I think people come out when its right for them. They have to make their own mind up. Usually when people have had some years under their belt ie. hit 30+ after a lifetime of WTS crap....they take stock. Perhaps they start lurking on sites like these...they have already made the departure. Its a matter of time then.

ISP

• shera
    shera

My sister in law,went back around 2 yrs ago.After I found out all the crap within the org.I'm having a hard time being around her,she still talks to me because of our hubbies being brothers and all the family stuff.I want to have a talk with her,but I think she would cut me off.I have known her seince she was 9 and she is like my baby sister.I would miss her dearly.BUT I hate seeing her in the org,knowing what I know.

I have been feeling a gap between us,because I have spoken to other people in the family about everything and I think they may have said something to her. From all the other people that have shunned me,it hasn't bothered me at all.It would be painful to loose her.

• minimus
    minimus

"I don't have a problem with what Russell taught"......And yet you think that a person could be helped out of the WT. by being taught correctly from the Bible? How could a JW be helped if they were being instructed by what CTR's view of the Bible was? Is Russell's outline or plan that much different as that of the Witnesses? Do you think that a witness would be able to get to a more accurate understanding of the Bible by reading Russell's views of chronolgy, Bible prophecies and pyramids? Would things be less hazy? I believe that if a person decides to use the Bible to help someone get out of the religion, they really should believe whatever teachings they espouse.And it's not better to at least believe in "something", even if you know that it's not really true....James 4:17 says," If one knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him."

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus,This by no means an easy thing to do.Presenting basic facts or arguing will not work.When one is thoroughly indoctrinated one is well prepared to debate.There is a need to get close ,to build a friendship,to pierce the emotional barrier.You need to have meaningful,nonconfrontational encounters over a period of time.Opening the heart,asking questions to make one think.

It is this approach of asking them ,not telling them, thus it will their conclusion and not ours.This approach does not attack the individual and can bring them to the point where they will be willing to listen amicably.

I have been able to help my family and two friends using this approach. Blueblades

• RR
    RR
    "I don't have a problem with what Russell taught"......And yet you think that a person could be helped out of the WT. by being taught correctly from the Bible?

If I didn't think I had the Truth, I wouldn't be where I am right now. Could I help someone just teaching them from the Bible? Sure, I believe I can, as long as their open-minded. And I don't mean to just see things my way, but that they can think outside of the box, weigh the evidence and THEN make a decision.

How could a JW be helped if they were being instructed by what CTR's view of the Bible was?

It helped me and mant other JW's that I know.

Is Russell's outline or plan that much different as that of the Witnesses?

Apples and oranges man, apples and oranges.

Do you think that a witness would be able to get to a more accurate understanding of the Bible by reading Russell's views of chronolgy, Bible prophecies and pyramids? Would things be less hazy?

Forget the "chronolgy, Bible prophecies and pyramids" that's just open string off the harp. The Chronology and prophecies interpreted by Russell is far different from the JW's.

I believe that if a person decides to use the Bible to help someone get out of the religion, they really should believe whatever teachings they espouse.And it's not better to at least believe in "something", even if you know that it's not really true....James 4:17 says," If one knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him."

I agree. And when I was a JW, I NEVER taught what I myself did not believe, and as a Bible Student, I believe the same.

RR

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Make copies of all of the UN, Paedophile, Stocks in War Shares documents and gave them to a couple of very good friends (JWs). Then bought them Crisis of Conscience and when they had finished reading that, we then gave them In Search of Christian Freedom, (after of course, making sure that they wanted to read these books) They had been witnesses for thirty years and now have decided that Jehovah is not backing this organisation. They had their first shepherding call on Weds. with the threat that they (elders) would be back !

We now have to talk to a few others, who we know are totally disillusioned with the Org. Hopefully, they too will see the light.

Twink

• minimus
    minimus

It seems to me that more and more people are leaving the "truth" in this last year. Are you still trying to help people get out???

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I run an XJW healing support group. That's how I help.

CG

• minimus
    minimus

Many of us here have an agenda. Mine is to expose the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witness religion really for what it isn't----the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit