2015 Regional Convention (Cleveland, Ohio) - No accounts report read? No video about abuse?

by My Name is of No Consequence 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ Gayle:

31 were baptized.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    We had 26 baptized in San Antonio.
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I made a report of a convention in Mazatlan. Even in Mexico they are drying up: 28 baptized out of 2900 people in attendance.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/431620002/stats-conventions-mexico

@ cappytan:

Approximately how many were there on Saturday for the baptism? In Cleveland, there were about 6,500 on Saturday and only 31 were baptized. Another interesting thing that I noticed during the baptismal talk were the video interviews. That is new.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    @ cappytan:
    Approximately how many were there on Saturday for the baptism? In Cleveland, there were about 6,500 on Saturday and only 31 were baptized. Another interesting thing that I noticed during the baptismal talk were the video interviews. That is new.

There were 6,300+, if I recall correctly.

At our baptism talk, the interviews were in-person...on stage.

• blondie
    blondie
    No accounts read at DC in 60 years of my attending....at the circuit assembly they do...for awhile the accounts report was not read at the KH...but then they started again...is that correct. Some congregations posted on Info board but others did not.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

blondie: I think they read the accounts report at the KH when there is a deficit... that's how they do it in our hall, at least. Otherwise, they just post it to the information board.

Oh, and don't you dare call it a bulletin board!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    I was there. 31 baptised out of 6500 as usual most were kids . Frankly I enjoyed the convention. The video about Jesus was very well done and moving. They really emphasized focusing on Jesus. Are we finally becoming a Christian religion?

@ nowwhat?

Are we finally becoming a Christian religion?

You are kidding right? Until they adjust their view of molestation, blood and shunning, they CANNOT be a Christian anything!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Sorry to disagree. Here in South Texas use to have account reports read at ALL assemblies until a few years ago. In fact, I seem to recall the reports became an issue as soon as we finished building the AH. After the first assembly hosted at the AH, we all became aware of how much more expensive the assemblies were, compared to what it used to cost when renting auditoriums. We even had an elder during one of the public talks, point out that there were complaints circulating regarding this. He did not deny that for sure we were paying more, but he pointed out how much more comfortable we had it and the fact that we no longer had to be dragging swimming pools for baptisms and etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit