The BEST day of your life-------and the WORST day of your life?

by eyeuse2badub 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

This topic may have been an OP previously but I didn't get an opportunity to comment so here goes;

Mine are pretty simple;

The BEST day of my life:

It was the day I married my beautiful wife of 49 years. Yea we got married during the turbulent 60's. I was nearly 20 and she was an outstandingly beautiful 18 year old surfer girl. In fact she was THE sister that every young brothers in our southern California circuit wanted to have as a girl friend and I was the envy of every young brother. She and I were feverishly in love. I still love her feverishly today even though we often clash over ttatt. She accepts my stance and I accept hers (for now).

The WORST day(s) of my life is sort of a draw since there were 2:

1) That day in 1977 (10 years into our marriage) that she told me she was f**king another guy and left me and our 2 lovely children for several months-----to find herself; and 2) the day that ttatt really took hold!

However, as I look back at it now, the day that ttatt really took hold also proved to be the BEST days of my life!

Like to hear yours if you care to share.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

In my case there are two days that can not be compared and both stand at the bests and that is the day my children were born. Never have I felt what I felt in every one of those days.

As far as the worst, is the first time my wife and I had an argument over this bullshit cult. Thankfully it seems to have subsided over the past 2 years but that first day was a nightmare that lasted all day. Even thought the actual argument only took about 2 hours.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Best Day of my life: The day I flew to Denver to meet a guy I knew High school. I wouldn't date him because he wasn't a JW.After twenty eight years we connected up through classmates.com. He picked me up at the airport and took me to the Butterfly Pavilian near Boulder (large atrium you can walk through). He gone down on one knee and pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him.

Worst day. The day my sixteen year old daughter tried to slit her wrists. Fortunately the pain shocked her out of finishing, but it was a nightmare.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Wow STA, you got my respect. You just gave me the courage that I needed today. I've been feeling so down but the fact that you survived what you say you did gives me strength that I can overcome anything.

Thanks.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

best day was probably when i was 12 and the pretty girl who i liked took my hand and told me how much she liked me.

the rest of it was pretty mediocre

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    My best day so far was the day my daughter was born and the worst was later that same day when she started yelling and crying and 20+ years later she still won't shut up! Drives her sister and the rest of us crazy!
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Best days for me were meeting my wife and knowing I had found the person I never thought I'd find to share life with and the South African referendum to give blacks the right to vote, which turned out to be a yes. I don't care to dwell on the worst ...
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

LOL John! Hang in there. There is one thing that I learned from Combating Cult Mind Control. Mr Hassan says one great thing there. True love will always win!

Hope to one day be able to post my story. Not only is not as JW heavy as others here, but right now it would give me away very easily if anyone from my area is lurking around here.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    If I don't include all the very sad days when family members died or the very happy days like marriages or the birth of children, you know all the normal events in the circle of life, then I would have to say they were the same day. Although at the time of course I could only see the worst. It was a spring day in 1984 when my childhood sweetheart, then husband of 12 years, the man who I loved more every day, who I was wildly attracted to, who I would have trusted with my life and all I held dear...came to me and said he didn't want to be married anymore. It literally felt like I had been hit in the chest with a hammer. But now looking back, 31 years later, I realize it was the beginning of my escape from the JWs. Had we stayed married I no doubt would still be in since most all our family is in. So looking back on that day and what my life has been since, to steal a line from a famous book: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. What I thought was the worst day of my life was just the beginning of a wonderful, full life to come.
  • searcher
    searcher

Best day. Too many to count, my wife, my chidren being born, all best days.

Worst day. Leaving the house for 15 minutes to take the children to the school bus, returning to find my wife collapsed on the floor, breathing for her for 20 minutes until the ambulance arrived and later that day having to tell my children that their mother was dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit