Do we have consensus that Mr Jackson was wearing a gold Apple Watch?

by StarTrekAngel 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I mean, we have discussed Mr Morris' "Rolex" but many also pointed out to the potential for a knock-out. I don't think there are Apple watch knock outs out there, are they?
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    i think the correct question is "Who gives a flying fuck?"
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Should we check to see if his feet are pedicured?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Never mind.. answers to questions taken out of context will be ignored. I get it.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    i think the correct question is "Who gives a flying fuck?"

Quite possibly lurking JWs who are exploring initial doubts. For many opening their eyes to TTATT takes a great many small things, and seeing that their glorious leader (wait that's north korea...) is wearing a watch that costs $10,000 that he could only have purchased via their own donations could be a relatively big factor in their waking up.

• sir82
    sir82

that he could only have purchased via their own donations

If indeed he has an expensive watch, it is far more likely to have been a gift from some favor-seeking sycophant.

JWs have nearly perfected the art of under-the-table simony.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Quite possibly lurking JWs who are exploring initial doubts. For many opening their eyes to TTATT takes a great many small things, and seeing that their glorious leader (wait that's north korea...) is wearing a watch that costs $10,000 that he could only have purchased via their own donations could be a relatively big factor in their waking up.

Thank you for that comment, Joe.

Yes.........I give a flying fuck. I gave them lots of money in the past and if I had not done so, then I could be wearing the Rolex or Apple watch. (Not that I wear a watch. Hell, everyone has a cell phone with the time on the face of it.)

Their misuse of dedicated funds, as well as their groveling for money (on JWTV none the less) is a real turn off to many JWs.

Doc

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    If indeed he has an expensive watch, it is far more likely to have been a gift from some favor-seeking sycophant.
    JWs have nearly perfected the art of under-the-table simony.

That's a possibility, but just the same it could be sold and offset some of the donations that were otherwise required, and indeed asked for in a recent broadcast. It seems neither faithful nor discrete to keep the watch for oneself in this scenario.

Though maybe he's just trying to imitate Jesus when he insisted that the fine perfume be used on him instead of being sold to feed the poor.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Well, I guess I assumed that no JW would ever conceive that the WT paid for the watch. Most likely it was donated or a gift from a wealthy relative. Still a problem though. There is nothing humble about such display. First and foremost, I was trying to point out, for those that have brought this issue up before, that in the case of Morris, you could say it was a rolex knock out. In this case, does such explanation hold ground? Exhibit A.

Second, donated or not, the FDS, the leader of 8 million of JWs, can not go around stumbling others that may not be aware of how they get their perks. How would a victim of child abuse feel when he or she sees this? Is that giving a good witness to the world? No, it actually gives synergy to the poor witness he gave to the Royal Comission.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

f indeed he has an expensive watch, it is far more likely to have been a gift from some favor-seeking sycophant.

yes that's the most likely scenario. I was having a conversation with someone about someone that works in Bet-Hell and how that person received a brand new ipad as a gift from some ass-kissing Jdub.

Now if some lowly Bet-Hell slave gets an Ipad, imagine with these guys from the Goobering Body get

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit