Murder of child Hitler

by meadow77 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I remember a similar dilema on ...

... Dr Who!

Should he destroy the Kaleds (who became the Daleks) or did the Daleks ultimately bring everyone else closer together and might there have been something worse in their place if they did not come into being?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Hitler was a product of his environment. If you were to kill Hitler someone else would probably have filled that void. Who knows he could have been worse than Hitler.

Will

• meadow77
    meadow77

As far as the abortion issue, we were just discussing the different aspects of abortion from all viewpoints. And my friend asked if I thought pro-lifers would support killing Hitler as a baby. I think I agree with what has been said here. I don't think two wrongs make a right. I just thought that it is a complex question, considering the incredible suffering which may have been preventable. It could also be looked at ike this, is the good of many worth making the sacrifice for. Is one life worth saving billions?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Honestly, I'd probably do it.

I disagree with Realist's statement that:

killing someone is never the answer
    I honestly think that killing certain people would provide a great service to mankind. But it's not my decision to make because I'm not "god", so it doesn't really matter.
  • expatbrit
    expatbrit

I agree that Hitler was a product of his times, and someone else would probably have stepped into his place. Even if someone hadn't, I don't think events would have turned out much differently.

In the wide sweep of history, the individual is irrelevant.

Expatbrit

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"and you dare to complain about hitler! nutcases lived in all times at it seems."

Hosea 13 seems to be a prediction regarding the warfare that would cause the destruction of Samaria by Assyria. A dire warning but certainly not an endorsement of such barbarity. We all know that such things happened in history.

Regarding the Hitler question , I can agree with the view that foreknowlege would allow preventative measures to be taken, other than abortion. My own layman's understanding of that time tells me that there were complex issues behind the rise of Nazi views .

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

It's like this:Hitler is not unique,history is filled with men like him.Now don't ask me to name the long list of hitlerites.the real question to me is that God didn't abort him.God didn't abort the very first hitler SATAN! Who has done worst than satan?

Would I murder hitler as a child if I knew what was ahead for the world at that time? No! the murder of anyone is to me immoral.However the killing of a murderer is moral.But,who am I to put into motion what I think in my mind.I have neither the authority or the power to stand in the place of God.

If God didn't kill Satan or all the Hitlerites like him, then ???????????? Blueblades

P.S.A talk was given once about the impact names have on people.The brother illustrated it with this example: A mother was cradling a baby in her arms and people were admiring the handsome child.What a beautiful baby you have there,what is his name?When the mother sweetly said"His name is HITLER!"Well you know the reaction that brought.

• LB
    LB

He'd be in a burlap bag filled with rocks sitting on the bottom of a pond.

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

It seems like this whole topic revolves around foreknowledge. If I had the foreknowledge to know that little baby boy Adolf was going to become what he became, than shouldn't I also have the foreknowledge to see what events in his life caused him to turn out that way. Then if that's true, wouldn't I be better manipulating events so that it never happened? That way he could have lived out his life as an obscure artist, and died an unknown.

And if all of that was possible, wouldn't I be the busiest person on earth making sure that no other situations like that ever happened again. But where would I draw the line if I decided killing a baby was the answer. Who am I to judge? Maybe George W. Bush should have been snuffed out as a baby. At this point, who knows where he is leading this world in his quest for war. Who knows how many innocent men women and children will die because of his agendas?

It's funny how things go. One stray bullet in the Great War, or a flinging piece of shrapnel could have prevented Hitler from ever surviving to become what he became. Maybe some better ballot counting practices in Florida would have saved 1000's of lives in the near future?

Stan

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Better still if I knew the future I would be playing the stockmarket or the horse races.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit